Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting a kitten for Xmas..any advice?

when my cats were kittens, i bought strings of ribbon. Or actually a big roll and just cut it up to 12" size. They go nuts over stuff like that. Tinfoil balls really are fun for them too.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My cats LOVE any kind of bags. I have a huge paper bag downstairs that I left on the floor for the kitties. I hear them nearly every day rassling around in it. I bought them a crinkly bag at a cat show and they HATED it. Kittylady is right about toys - if it's small and it's something YOU like or need, they'll like it and appropriate it. I have one cat who makes off with my expensive wrapped chocolates - he won't touch the wrapper if it's empty, only if it's got something in it. He doesn't eat it, just carries it around.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

One of our dear departed kitties used to steal my makeup brushes. Forced me to keep them clean though cause I had to wash cat spit out all the time.
    I hid them in my jewelry box drawer, but she figured out how to open it.
    Something hubby ordered arrived in a BIG box today, and all the kitties have been hiding in it, stalking each other, taking naps in the box, etc. Can't buy a toy like that.

Well....the little baby is here!

She is all black except for just a little tad of white on her chest....they think she is roughly 9-10 wks old, so we have decided to celebrate her birthday on Halloween since that seems about right! She is absolutely adorable!

My husband brought her in and she walked around a bit, but hasn't been afraid of anything and hasn't hid at all....she purrs and has been rubbing up against the girls and loves to be held! She hasn't found the Xmas tree yet, so that will probably be interesting! But so far, so good! She is currently sleeping on top of my husbands legs on the couch!

So we let the girls name her and they named her Spooky. I had a black cat for 16 yrs named Spooky, and my oldest remembers her, so she said 'Hey, Dad's got a little Spooky!' sooo....Spooky it is!

Thank you everyone for your words of advice! We all just love our little girl so much! Merry Christmas!

Many happy years of furry kisses, Lynnie!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

aw Welcome to spooky!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Aww! Congrats Lynnie! She sounds lovely.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Oh gosh! Little Spooky appears to be kind of sick! She has been sneezing (no biggie) but she started vomiting and now appears to be pooping blood! Should I panick? I will call the Vet tomorrow but is there anything I should do? She is in the bathroom w/her toys and bed/litterbox and is just meowing up a storm! Poor little love!
    She's so sweet!!!!!!! She just wants to be held and pet and be loved! I will be so sad if something is wrong with her!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Oh gosh! Little Spooky appears to be kind of sick! She has been sneezing (no biggie) but she started vomiting and now appears to be pooping blood! Should I panick? I will call the Vet tomorrow but is there anything I should do? She is in the bathroom w/her toys and bed/litterbox and is just meowing up a storm! Poor little love!
    She's so sweet!!!!!!! She just wants to be held and pet and be loved! I will be so sad if something is wrong with her!
    She is so tiny-do you have an emergency 24 hour vet there? I would get her straight in. Now!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Everything seems ok today so far.....and it was overnight as well. She hasn't had any blood or vomiting.

She's FULL of the devil and purring and loving to explore her new surroundings, so we are hopeful it was just a reaction to some different food. But forgetting that today is Sunday, I am going to hold off calling the vet until tomorrow, unless things get worse!

Thanks everyone! She is just so sweet and lovey!

I would take her in anyway; you should introduce new pets to the vet right away so the vet can start a history on her.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Oh we will definitely call the Vet tomorrow! Hoping to get in first thing this week!

She's so damn cute though! She's a bit bigger than I had thought she would be, but is still very much a kitten. We tossed her in the tub tonight because she stunk a bit and she was perfectly fine in the tub, in the water, getting washed. It was shocking to me, since every cat I've ever had has LOATHED the water. And she is in great spirits and just wants to be loved constantly!

A few pics that are semi cute. The first is Spooky under the tree on Xmas morning. Notice the train! And the second is Sweet Caroline mauling Spooky.....my God that girl just loves that kitten!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So darling! Both!

Awww, they're both adorable!

Lynnie, I cannot believe your youngest is that big now! It seems like just yesterday that you were posting about being pregnant with her!

I don't know who's cuter, the kid or the cat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information