Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Flight Delayed For 2 Hours After Woman Brings Emotional Support Squirrel On Plane

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Interesting. Around here, there are almost no restaurant where you can't bring your dog. From burger places to really posh upscale restaurants. It's very convenient for me because I can't leave my dog at home for too long (she will bark when she hears my neighbours, and also it's the law here to not leave your dog alone for more than 4 hours).
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yup.
    geneva was very dog friendly and when i lived in vienna it was even more pet friendly. dogs were not only allowed in restaurants and cafés and bars, they were welcome. they'd give you the side eye if you brought little kids but i remember even the surliest waiters smiling when they would see our big goofy lab, they'd bring her bowls of water, some even kept dog treats, and as long as your dog behaved and remained under the table and out of the way, there were no issues at all. and honestly, i get it. i've never had my meal or drink disturbed by a dog, but have secretly wanted to strangle loud little children more often than i care to admit. i get that it's a hygiene thing for some people but even then i think any health risk is beyond minimal. i remember when people in new york were bitching about bodega cats and hygiene and then everyone reminded them the city is infested with roaches and rats anyway and bodega cats are the least of the city's worries.
    Well, I'm a dog (and cat) person, so that would be awesome for me. I could bring my own dog(s) everywhere and meet other people's dogs. I'm such a dog stan. But living in the US, I have seen multiple people stroke the fuck out that a dog was inside a public building. I'll be honest, I think germs-wise, children are more dangerous than most domestic dogs but I'm also not a pathologist so I don't know...but it is what it is I guess. It's the proprietor's call to me. My friend used to bring his dog to the bar all the time and when I was working at the bakery, I would let people in with their dogs, even if it was a no-no (at a health department level), but they were nowhere near any food (and trust me, at that place, you'd rather the dog was the problem...)

And that's an interesting law about not leaving your dog alone.

Anyway, I wasn't being clear but what I meant by bringing your dog places wasn't so much about hanging out at a bar or cafe with your pet dog, I meant that in many places in the US, telling a business owner that you have an ESA does not give you any more special power than anyone else in bringing a pet some place. And ESAs (what this woman claims to have) is not the same as a service animal.

For example, this lady is threatening to sue the airline because she feels entitled to bring an emotional support rodent on a plane when the airline claims it is against THEIR policy not to allow rodents on the plane. Had she done her due diligence, she would have known this and switched to RatAir or whatever. Also, she should have contacted an attorney before giving her impassioned Shonda Rhimes-esque "DEBOARD THEM" speech because she shot herself in the foot by saying, "I could see if someone was going to bring a rat or a snake or a tarantula on the plane..." Yes, proving that point that squirrels are rodents so where would we draw the line?

And most dogs, god help us all, probably have had their shots whereas I don't know where this hillbilly and her pet squarl came from or what kind of rabies and Lyme it's carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Is anything real life anymore? I don't care for this timeline.
    I'm not real into this timeline either. Still waiting to awake from the coma that is 2018.
    Trixie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Sorry for the double post, but it won't let me edit the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I looked at the website and I'm not saying it's a scam (well, yeah I kinda am) but for about $500 I can get a "mental health professional" to write a letter saying I qualify for an ESA. Let me guess, I suffer from "anxiety", then I get a pretty certificate and registration and a cute little vest for my animal. Then I can take my dog anywhere, even rent an apartment in a "no pets" complex because my dog isn't a "pet" she's an ESA. Riiiiiight.

Not saying there aren't people out there who legitimately benefit from ESAs, therapy or service dogs but this shit is bordering on the ridiculous, and likely ruining it for those people. A fucking emotional support squirrel. It should at least be limited to domesticated animals. Unless it's this squirrel, but then you'd probably have to take the moose too since they're BFFs..

Everything you're saying is spot on and the reason why people with at least semi-legit service dogs are trying to make changes in all of this. And everything you mentioned does happen, the system does get milked, and it's ridiculous.

And anyone can get a sketchy "mental health professional" to write a letter. There is no real process for any of this.
    A*O and Brookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I hate that Cindy betch, and I agree with Twitchy. I hate this timeline too.
    Waterslide likes this.

On this day I realized how much I need an emotional support squirrel
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    On this day I realized how much I need an emotional support squirrel
    Speaking of that, I know I mentioned somewhere else around here that I used to have a coworker (named "America", if you can believe it) who would walk around the office with a pouch that had three sugar gliders in it.
    Shinola and Brookie like this.

How did she even get through security with that animal?
    sputnik and fgg like this.

I think TSA told her it would be fine as long as she held the animal. The squirrel might have been in a carrier because it seems like no one with the airline knew it wasn't a cat (or whatever) until she boarded. I guess they must have just said, "Nice marmot," and left it at that until they decided not to leave it at that.

A*O

Instead of causing maximum disruption to everyone else, maybe these snowflakes should take an icepack instead of an “emotional support” rodent.

And if you’re that scared of flying, take the fucking bus.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

All I need for "emotional support" on a flight:

Waterslide, A*O, sprynkles and 5 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

same.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    How did she even get through security with that animal?
    Probably squirreled it away somewhere.

MohandasKGanja and sparkles like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information