Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farewell, old friend: The pain of losing a pet

I dunno, ive run into a lot of cats like that. They just seem to hate people. They hide and hiss at you. Irritating.

I had a dog growing up, but he was pretty stupid. When he died i really wasn't that upset. He was disobedient (or just dumb) and just didn't connect.

Later on, I had a golden who was relatively bright and had an awesome personality. Loving, happy, liked to be involved in everything. I had to give him away to a friend he knew very well who lived on a farm, and i bawled like a baby for a week.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My darling doggy is almost 15 now. She is always by my side and sleeps with me,snuggled up under the covers. This time,I have made a plan. I will allow a brief grieve,then I am calling poodle rescue. I want a middle aged doggy who has lost her owner. We will build a new life together. This is what a good friend of mine did (hers was a maltese) and they are so happy together. This time,by her example, I know there is a doggy out there who needs me and I will not waste much time.
    It is a horrible grief,but I will take the bad part-you have so many years of love.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My darling doggy is almost 15 now. She is always by my side and sleeps with me,snuggled up under the covers. This time,I have made a plan. I will allow a brief grieve,then I am calling poodle rescue. I want a middle aged doggy who has lost her owner. We will build a new life together. This is what a good friend of mine did (hers was a maltese) and they are so happy together. This time,by her example, I know there is a doggy out there who needs me and I will not waste much time.
    It is a horrible grief,but I will take the bad part-you have so many years of love.
    That is so true. I love your plan.
    I just did that with my Bella that I got from the pound she shows how grateful she is too me.. all day, everyday.

I work with our local Humane Society.. last night I had to call a couple people that filled out applications on petfinder for our dogs. You hear all about their dog history when you call, which I enjoy.
    But last night I called this older woman.. and I said , well when is a good time for us to meet so you can meet "BINDY SUE" she says.. "Can we come now?!" this was at 8pm and she lives an hour away. I started laughing and then she laughed.. I said how about tomorrow night..she said if that's the soonest I'll be there.
    It is a great feeling to get these dogs that have come from bad condtions into a loving forever home.. it's why I do it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

My two poodles are old now (one is about 2.5 years younger than the other but they're both old), so I know they could go at any time... but I just can't handle thinking about it. We've had them since I was a little girl, they've been there for me through everything - I can barely remember them not being around because we got them when I was so young. I know I'll grieve just as much as I have for the people I love who've died.

First off, my condolences to you Constance! I know how hard it is and I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I dunno, ive run into a lot of cats like that. They just seem to hate people. They hide and hiss at you. Irritating.
    Haha our current house cat does this. When she was a kitten, she was the sweetest little thing. Always trying to cuddle with me and loving attention. I left for college and I don't know if she's now holding a grudge because she HATES me. Well to be honest she hates everyone except my mom...She hisses, swats at you, takes lil nips here and there. I don't know what her deal is but I steer clear of her. Coincidentally, she loves my beagle unless he's trying to steal her blanket!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That really is the trade-off! I'll take the pain for even just a second of that unconditional love they bring me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Sorry, Constance, for your loss. Just remember all the love you gave and your cat gave in return.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

yeah, cats like that i wouldn't have in my house.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Epitaph to a dog

NEAR this spot
    Are deposited the Remains
    of one
    Who possessed Beauty
    Without Vanity,
    Strength without Insolence,
    Courage without Ferocity,
    And all the Virtues of Man
    Without his Vices.
    This Praise, which would be unmeaning flattery
    If inscribed over Human Ashes,
    Is but a just tribute to the Memory of
    "Boatswain," a Dog
    Who was born at Newfoundland,
    May, 1803,
    And died at Newstead Abbey
    Nov. 18, 1808.

the dog only lived 5 years? damn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information