Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A dog’s name

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    ^So that's it then?!
    Well, I must confess I also thought about Paris.

Paris is good for a little chihuahua: it sounds good and nice, but yesterday I met 2 guys at the supermarket; they had a LOVELY chihuhua but they called him Paris... so I asked: "Is that for Paris Hilton?" - "Yes, it is!" told me the guy. And I suddenly felt like it was so stupid. Why should I inflict that to my future dog, then? I see no reason so I just let Paris.

I like Aristocat, Starbucks, Muffin, Sheriff, McQueen, Anacleto, Merlin, Hudson... those are from the things I like best, but the real one will be when I finally found him/her.

Yesterday I surfed the dogpound website, in july I'll go there and check.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

id love to name a dog Basil, and if the dog is a she, id name her Basilette or Basileena. Ralph is also a cute name. or Scruffy Harry. I also love the idea of giving cute little dogs tough names - maltese terrier = Bruce.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I think have a few ideas for names but once you get your new puppy, get to know him/her and you might find the best name just arrives by accident. My first dog came from a rescue centre, we named her Belle - not sure how we came by the name, it suited her as she was so pretty with the nicest temperament. When I got married my husband and I rescued a german shepherd whom we named Kavik (Innuit for Wolf), he had very wolfish features and loved to do the wolf howl and would often howl at the moon. When we lost him two years ago, my husband bought me a harrier (looks like a large beagle x foxhound), we named him Solo after Han Solo as Star Wars was on tv the afternoon we brought him home! We have a rescue cat who was named Kitten when we got her, after a couple of weeks she became Miss Kitty in honour of Eric's mum on That 70's Show! I also have a horse, Stella, who was apparently named after the beer Stella Artois!
    Enjoy your new puppy.
    Stella Galaxy ... 16 hands of irish trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Galaxy View Post
    also have a horse, Stella, who was apparently named after the beer Stella Artois!
    Enjoy your new puppy.
    That is such a nice name!! But i couldn't name my new puppy Desperados, form Desperados Beer because, yeah, that's my fave beer!! But it'd be so unflattering to call my puppy "desperados"!!
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

I got my dog, a white husky named Balto, at the pound. I named her after the Disney movie.

I agree that the name just comes to you when you see the animal and get to know its personality.

I agree when you see the dog, the perfect name will come to you. When my husband brought home our dog about ten years ago, we had a couple names picked out ahead of time. But as soon as I saw my floppy earred cutie pie, I knew he was "Earl". That was not one of the names we had considered, and i don't know where it even came from, but i knew that was his name. Sometimes when we're playing, he's "Squirrelly Earl", sometimes "Early Bird", but I cannot imagine naming him anything else.

I have a Pug (rescue) named Petunia, but we call her Tunie. Her foster Mom named her and we liked it, so we kept it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information