Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone here own a Ragdoll cat?

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    I dont have a ragdoll cat, but I do have a norwegian forest cat which are very similar in looks and size...hes the SWEETEST cat ever. Heres a pic of him in the dryer

Beautiful kitty haggard! But I must warn you, make sure to check the dryer every single time before you run it. When I was little, my cat used to lay in our dryer all the time, my mom turned it on once, and we didn't know he was in there. He wasn't in long, poor thing came out with a bright pink nose. He was okay though, he didn't go near the dryer again.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    NP
    thanks for the link
    you think they ship cats to Europe though?
    Oops! Didn't see you were in the Netherlands! No, I think PetFinder only lists shelters in the US, but maybe they have the same sort of database for European countries? Good luck finding a smooshie, though!

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    My brother bought 2 Bengal cats at about $700 a piece, so I can understand the lure of pure bred
    What are Bengals like as pets, Laxmobster? My husband really wants one, but I am worried it would beat up my little old cats and anyway I would rather we got another poor little rescue moggy that needs a home. I am sure he only wants one for the showing off value anyway.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    What are Bengals like as pets, Laxmobster? My husband really wants one, but I am worried it would beat up my little old cats and anyway I would rather we got another poor little rescue moggy that needs a home. I am sure he only wants one for the showing off value anyway.
    They are the chillest cats I've ever met. Mostly they just lay around and sleep, sometimes they jump around and play. My brother has this huge 7ft tree for them to play in and they are little monkeys on it. Also they're very cuddly, my parents tabby is the biggest bitch and hates to be touched or held. These guys love it, and curl up in your lap. I'm adding some photos from them on my last trip to NYC.

Here is Jasmine:

This is Kansai, climbing up to his toy drawer:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Lil

^^Thanks for that . They look absolutely gorgeous.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

^^^Wow, the patterns on those cats' coats is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    I love my cat, but honestly, I couldn't see me paying that kind of money for a cat...any animal for that matter...
    Yeah that's what my husband said when we bought our Maltese, he still complains two years later on how much he was...

I usually have one purebred and one stray/pound cat. You can often get purebreds at the pound, too, but you have to know what you want and go often. I just can't bring myself to go there that often -- I want to take them all home. So many beautiful, unwanted animals.

Gold Member

Haha great picturs Lax, that one of him climbing up to the toy drawer is so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet and sexy View Post
    Haha great picturs Lax, that one of him climbing up to the toy drawer is so cute.
    Yeah, you can't really tell from the pictures but his bottom legs were just dangling. It was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I just can't bring myself to go there that often -- I want to take them all home. So many beautiful, unwanted animals.
    That's my problem, I want to take them all and end up crying when I leave. They all seem so sad in there. My dream is to buy a farm one day and rescue as many animals as I can. Of course I'll need to be rich to provide enough stuff for my zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

The problem I started having with the pound is how much they want for adoptions now...when I was looking for a dog, I of course went to the pound first...the cheapest one they had there was over $200! It seems to me having to spend that kind of money certainly isnt any incentive to make someone want to adopt an adult dog...

I mean, I personally wouldn't have a problem paying that sort of money to save a life, but I can imagine most people going into the pound and seeing those sorts of prices and then walking straight back out...
    Dramatically overdramatic

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Off on a tangent about this...

We lost our beautiful black cat almost 3 years ago. It was hit on the road (we don't live on a busy street at all), and our neighbors had called animal care and control to pick her up before we even got home so that we wouldn't have to see the horror of it. They also baked us a yummy chocolate cake and were so concerned about us. They told us they had seen it happen, and that one of the renters down the street who was known for peeling out like a maniac had run her over without even stopping.

Wellllll.....fast foward almost three years...

The little girl who sometimes lives in our neighbors house (the house belongs to an old woman with many grown children who come and go and have many children of their own) was at our house visiting. Out of the blue, she brings up Spot (our cat). She says "I am not supposed to tell you this, but when your cat died, my cousin's girlfriend is the one who ran over her. She hit her on purpose because she hates black cats." My face was like this: I blew it off and said she didn't need to spin tales like that, but she started to protest and then was quiet. I honestly think she was telling the truth and I felt sick to my stomach. I suppose some people really could be THAT superstitious.

For the record, the said neighbors are sooooo wonderful and they were probably horrified enough by what this girlfriend did that they didn't tell us the truth. After the little girl (she is 10 so old enough to remember something like that) told me that I couldn't get it off my mind and it still bothers me. That cat was so beloved to us, we were completely devestated by her death and do not let our cats out at all anymore. Ugh.
    WTF? What an awful story! If this is true, you have to go after that psycho bitch!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information