Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing your pet has ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    lol My husband woke up one morning to find our cat having kittens on him, he said he felt something wet and rolled over and there she was having babies. I have never seen that man jump and run so fast in my life, I told him it served him right for sleeping till 1 pm.
    These stories are all so awesome, but I think this one is the craziest! OMG, that is wild!

Cali has another weird thing about watermelon. She loves it and goes crazy when we're slicing it up. She can be playing outside on the far side of the yard, but the second I slice into a melon, she's right there at my feet. One time she was dead asleep in her crate and my hub by decided to have a late-night melon snack. He grabs a bowl of melon already in the fridge, and before he's even turned around, we hear the dog howl. We turn around and she is sitting at attention in her crate, with her eye on the bowl. She loves fruit and veggies. She'll eat cucumber like its going out of style. Funny dog.

My big Ragdoll cat "chuffs" like a tiger. I swear, I'm not exaggerating. The first time he did it, I thought he had a weird sneeze or a scratchy throat but then I started noticing that he only does it when he wants my undivided attention or when I first get home from work. I have never witnessed a cat doing this before. I think he watches Animal Planet all day when I'm not home and learned it from watching "Big Cat Diaries". LOL!

A tigers "chuff" is a form of greeting:

Tiger Poofing or Chuffing (greeting) - YouTube

A cat that I had back in the 90's was stalking the kitchen when my boyfriend and his friends had returned from deer hunting. They were trying to prepare the meat to take to the processors the next day and my cat grabbed a huge chunk of raw venison, as big as he was, and ran through the house with it, growling like a lion. I'm yelling because I didn't want my kitty eating raw meat (he had a sensitive stomach) and I'm chasing him through the house. My boyfriend just stood there, doubled over laughing.

Great Thread!!

Lots of chuckles from your stories!

I had a very sweet, mild mannered dalmatian that would creep down really low when she walked into my son's bedroom when he was a baby, whether he was in the room or not, and as soon as she'd walk out of the room, she was back to normal.

A Jack Russell we fostered would forge full speed to the end of his run (cable from the house to a tree), which would make him flip pretty high up into the air. He'd do this for hours. After the first couple times, I switched from a collar to a harness.

My yorkie does this weird rolly thing after her bath, making a sound like "Cousin It" from the Adams Family (anyone here old enough to remember??)

I have domestic rat who is extremely spoiled (and thinks he was royalty in a past life). He knows what he likes and demands that everything in his pampered life be a certain way. If I annoy him, I get slapped in the face with his tail. Ratty himself is pretty squidgy and squashable, but his tail is like a whip. I've been on the receiving end of it a few times. Got to keep His Nibs happy.

Default My stories

My cat also a ragdoll chuffs

My dog (a lab) ate the grease from a 20# turkey and we never found the steamed pudding from christmas.

I have a cat, Samantha, who needs to be acknowledged by me on a regular basis. We can be across the room from one another and she'll let out a little "mrow!!!" to let me know she's around, then she'll stick her butt up to get it rubbed. I understand her mother used to do that as well. That's all she wants, then she's happy to go hork up her dinner on my bed.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Wow, this really is a great thread. I love all of these stories, and I have so many to add, but won't do it at once.
    One of my early crazy pet stories begins when I was 13. I had a pit bull and she loved to swim. Well I decided to keep the sliding glass door closed while I kept saying "You want to go swimming, you want to go swimming?" That didn't last long, she jumped right through the sliding glass door and into the pool, all without a cut on her. Crazy ass dog.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

My favorite is one my husband witnessed. He comes from a Texas ranching family. They all stick together. Their pets are as crazy as they are.
    Anyway, this one family had two black labs that liked to sleep in the big tree limbs by the patio area. Yes, up in the trees.
    One night they had this huge party with bartenders out around the pool area and when they have a bar it is a BAR, drinking may be their favorite sport.
    One male guest who had had a few, was strolling around the patio. One of the labs lazily flicked his tail (just to say hi) and the man started screaming "Run! There are panthers in the trees!!" and the other drunken cronies either jumped in the pool or stampeded into the house. The dogs probably could have used a few drinks by then.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is my favorite thread.

I've seen a dog with OCD and it's hilarious. Put something where it doesn't belong and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I have domestic rat who is extremely spoiled (and thinks he was royalty in a past life). He knows what he likes and demands that everything in his pampered life be a certain way. If I annoy him, I get slapped in the face with his tail. Ratty himself is pretty squidgy and squashable, but his tail is like a whip. I've been on the receiving end of it a few times. Got to keep His Nibs happy.
    Naww nothing like being bossed around by a rat!!

Blossom the Rat (R.I.P. ) used to sleep on her back and we could lay a little blanket on her. Pretty sure I've posted pics of her sleeping on her back before on this forum. She also loved cornflakes... so if she spotted me eating cornflakes she would run out of cage and monster me for them by running onto my shoulder and try to reach my mouth with her little hands. I know that sounds sick but rats are cleaner than most pets. Damn I miss her
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yes, rats are extremely clean, and they are very smart. Ratty has a little blanket of his own which he has taken into his sleeping quarters (an overturned tissue box). Being as comfortable as possible is high on his list of priorities. I will often put him down on the floor and let him run around. When he wants to go back into his cage, he'll come over and put his hands on my ankle and look up at me like a teeny-tiny dog. I've never had a rat before, but I have to say he is quite the charmer.

RIP Blossom.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My favorite is one my husband witnessed. He comes from a Texas ranching family. They all stick together. Their pets are as crazy as they are.
    Anyway, this one family had two black labs that liked to sleep in the big tree limbs by the patio area. Yes, up in the trees.
    One night they had this huge party with bartenders out around the pool area and when they have a bar it is a BAR, drinking may be their favorite sport.
    One male guest who had had a few, was strolling around the patio. One of the labs lazily flicked his tail (just to say hi) and the man started screaming "Run! There are panthers in the trees!!" and the other drunken cronies either jumped in the pool or stampeded into the house. The dogs probably could have used a few drinks by then.
    That's one of the funniest animal stores I've ever heard!! Drunks, yelling: "Run! There are panthers in the trees!"

My old cats (who stayed with my parents when I moved away) were really weird. They were brothers, and they had sex a lot, but it was like angry hate sex and they always made sure I was within viewing distance. Also one of them has this really terrifying meow he does late at night, where it sounds like a small child screaming "WHYYYY!?" over and over. The first time I heard it I almost had a damn heart attack!

As for the cats I have now, my little boy cat has a strange compulsion to knock things down. He doesn't want anything, he isn't trying to get anything, and he won't play with the thing once it's knocked down. It's like the act of knocking it down is all he's after, and once he's done it he feels better. He's also tried to dangle from our curtain rod at least three times now. He hangs from it like he's doing a pull-up or gymnastics or something. Our lady cat is pretty normal compared to the rest.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Great thread!

My Pit Bull, Tiger, is indestructible. Once while out on a walk he got out of his collar and made a dash across the street and got run over..like completely under the car. He amazingly got up, shook off and decided to head back over to me..as he made his way back, he got hit AGAIN by a car going the other way. Again he got up, looked at me like "WTF" and limped back. Took him to the vet and he had no internal injuries or broken bones. He was back up and running the next day. I still have PTSD from watching it.

My German Shepherd/Husky mix can get in and out of anywhere. He can open doors, fences, windows. He was outside once and decided he wanted back in so he jumped about 4 feet into a window, going right through the screen. Oy!

another thing our cat Frito does... I'll say "Where's Frito?" (when she's sitting right in front of me) and she'll run under one of the little throw rugs and 'hide'. She plays hide and seek and its so cute.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information