Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple hand-rear hyena

Oh I love them! But I have a soft spot for little ugly animals. That been said, there's no way I would "keep" it when it's grown up. It's very nice to raise the hyena, but wild animals are supposed to live as wild animals.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Oh I love them! But I have a soft spot for little ugly animals. That been said, there's no way I would "keep" it when it's grown up. It's very nice to raise the hyena, but wild animals are supposed to live as wild animals.
    That sums things up for me as well.

This animal may not be able to exist in the wild after its upbringing. The couple had good intentions, and I just hope it doesn't end badly.

I think they are so hideous that they are adorable! Like opossums! But I totally concur; I would never in a million years attempt to keep one as a pet or think it would ever be "tame"...because it won't be.

Silver Member

I love that look on his face in the second bath pic...like "what you looking at bitch I like being bathed". To be fair to the couple it says they run a predator world zoo so they're not just some random people who decided to bring up a wild animal because they like exptic pets, like some of these people are, they are experts. It's not like they encouraged him to to be fierce like some African gangs do for intimidation. Not that I think wild animals should be tamed, I just think it's not impossible to have a wild animal as a pet for it's lifetime and it not attack. Plus it's not as if having a traditionally domesticated animal as a pet is completely without risk...they can go apeshit and attack, seen many stories of pet dogs ripping off faces, arms attacking etc etc but it doesn't stop people having them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information