Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clueless about my dog

A*O

At one point, my dad just left him there and drove away
    then my dad throws the net on him and catches him
    No wonder the poor dog is so fucked up. Unbelieveable. The reason the dog won't come when called is because it doesn't trust you and if this kind of thing is going on who can blame him?

I was going to make some suggestions about the stealing food issue (ie, don't leave food laying around and don't feed the dog tidbits from the table while you are eating, dur) but that's all common sense and judging from the way this dog is being treated I'd say common sense is in pretty short supply here.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Agreed. We come on here and try to help people, and then they tell the real story, which sounds like no way would they ever consider real training, let alone paying for it.

Blackberry, it's up to you and your Dad to get a clue. None of what you've written sounds good at all. If you're going to decide to handle the dog properly, keep it. Otherwise, to be perfectly straight and honest, your family don't deserve to keep it. And ESPECIALLY, the dog deserves a better life, where he'll have responsible owners who know how to command good behavior and reward good behavior once it is achieved. The dog deserves that much.

Don't shoot the messenger.
    Last edited by Mira; February 23rd, 2007 at 05:55 PM.

^ You don't know half of me so don't jump to conclusions. That beach was a safe place, no car at sight. Plus, he doesn't have trust issues because at home, when my dad calls him he just run an sit on his lap for hours. He also comes to me and to my mum. Just when he's outside he's acting like a wild dog. Catching him with a net was the only thing we thought would be right at the time. If we were cruel and irresponsible owners, that dog and his sister and two other dogs would have stayed in the street. I have two dogs I found in the street, others I found and gave for adoption, to people I personally know. Other "irresponsible owners" would have throw that troubled pooch back to the street. They won't take him to the vet, won't pet him and won't come here asking for advice. Don't start with me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I won't, but you must realize how it seems to some people.

A*O

Driving off and abandoning an off leash dog on a public beach because you can't control it is NOT responsible behaviour. It's illegal apart from anything else. The advice you are asking for is basic common sense, not rocket science.

The dog runs away when you let him off leash? Don't let him off leash.
    The dog steals food off the table? Don't leave food on the table.
    The dogs doesn't know about appropriate behaviour? Teach him about appropriate behaviour.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I won't, but you must realize how it seems to some people.
    I realize that and I'm saying it's not how it looks. Not even logical for someone who brings home lost doggies and spends time and effort in order to find them a loving home, to be mean to his own dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm just going to repeat what A*0 said. I don't doubt that you guys have a good heart about this, but some common sense and discipline/training is definitely in order here.

Driving off and abandoning an off leash dog on a public beach because you can't control it is NOT responsible behaviour. It's illegal apart from anything else. The advice you are asking for is basic common sense, not rocket science
    It was a privat beach, no people or cars in sight and driving off was meant to get his attention. Plus, I said, my dad walked him to get him tired, then took the leach off so he could run at the beach and play with himself, not because he couldn't control him.

I don't have to explain myself to you. Got your advice, thanks, you're done.

A*O

You don't have to be "mean" to train your dog but you do have to firmly establish who's the Boss or the dog will (literally in your case) run circles around you. Taking in stray 'doggies' off the street is one thing - any moron can do that. Taking the time to train them properly is another.

We can only pass judgment based on the facts YOU gave us, starting with the title of this thread. You asked for advice, you got it, you obviously don't like it. Oh well.
    Dame Edna Everage

Hit By Ban Bus!

You asked for the advice, but then you said you doubted anything would help, which proves that you never wanted the advice to begin with. Whatthefuckever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    You asked for the advice, but then you said you doubted anything would help, which proves that you never wanted the advice to begin with. Whatthefuckever.
    Read some other comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    ^ Don't get me wrong, we don't alienate him. I think we even spoil him more than the others becuase he's young, kind of the silly little puppy. Overall, I love him. He's been with us since he was a puppy. I will give the training thing a second thought.

A*O

Oh, you are actually going to think about TRAINING him. Go you. See? You had the answer all along.
    Dame Edna Everage

^ What the fuck is wrong with you? I know I do something wrong with him, otherwise he won't behave like this. I don't need your cynical comments and stupid allegations.

A*O

We are telling you exactly what you are doing wrong but apparently you don't like hearing it.

And what 'stupid allegations'? I'll happily own up to the cynical comments though because there are people out there who clearly have no business owning a pet rock, let alone any kind of animal.
    Dame Edna Everage

I think BlackBerry feels like she is being ganged up on.We can give advice without being rude.Ok now I will wait for my lashing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information