Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing a cat: Boy or Girl?

Default Re: Choosing a cat:Boy or Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by calendargurl
    well we took her in b/c the family she was with the kids were abusing her and not taking care of her. and we're tight on money right now seeing as how my boyfriend decided a couple weeks ago that he was going to quit his job. don't judge what you don't know please.

Excuse me? Please point out where I judged you?! I read your comment and was curious.

If you don't like someone asking a simple question about something you said, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all if you are going to get so defensive about it?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Choosing a cat: Boy or Girl?

I don't know how to tell you to pick a cat because all of mine picked me more than me picking them. They either just showed up here or I was somewhere they did everything short of dance to make me pick them up. It's odd and they've all been wonderful, even the pesky Fatty.

I've had male and female kid. If you are not gonna neuter your cat then I suggest getting a male cat because at least they only pee and wipe their butts everywhere when they are in heat. I can stand that much more than hearing female cats cry when they are in heat.
    For the person that couldn't afford to neuter their cat I had the same problem when I had 2 cats and just got out of college. Here in NYC I guess theres a law that says that all cats have to have all their shots before they are fixed. I got a discount coupon for $25 from a shelter. Go on yahoo and type in cat neutering coupon in....(whatever state you live in) and something probably will show up. I've lived all over NY and I've always found coupons for pet neutering on the internet. They're usually like $25-$40. Or call up your local animal shelter and they can tell you where to get discount coupons

Default Re: Choosing a cat:Boy or Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    Excuse me? Please point out where I judged you?! I read your comment and was curious.

If you don't like someone asking a simple question about something you said, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all if you are going to get so defensive about it?

sorry, to me it felt like i was getting accused of being irresponsible for taking in a cat when i can't afford to get her fixed. my bad

Silver Member

Some male cats spray, something to keep in mind. I had a girl cat for 8 years, and I still have a non-sprayer neutered boy cat. He is a great cat, pretty independant: Derelict

He. Is. ADORABLE!!!
    2 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information