Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats and their 'gifts'

A cat I had would line up chipmunks on the sidewalk, always full bodies, until one day, there was just the head of a chipmunk..... then back to full bodies, until he passed away.
    I always wondered what pissed him off about that one chipmunk that he only brought the head..?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    with the neighbour's severed feet? Or just off the line?
    if she'd have done that, i would have demanded my own GR thread.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    ugh. my cat used to bring me neighbors socks.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    with the neighbour's severed feet? Or just off the line?

Thanks guys, I'm less horrified now. I had heard that it was a gift but wasn't sure if it was true.

I love living up in the hills, even the cats are welcoming! Bless her. Although I'm still getting the SO to check the doorstep in the morning. I appreciate the sentiment but dead animals aren't my thing.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Not sure where this pic is from, but it pretty funny~

A*O

Our cats used to go on 2-3 day hunting trips (we lived out in the sticks) and would bring home rabbits and squirrels which they would proceed to pull apart and eat under our bed. I didn't mind the squirrels so much because the only thing left in the morning would be the bushy tail. The cats ate absolutely everything else, fur, bones, guts, the lot. But they only ate the rabbit flesh so we'd be left with the head and a pile of stinking guts. Ah yes, life in the country.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

We had a stray that adopted us. One day I was taking my dogs out and looked out the backdoor window to see the cat skinning a squirrel. Ugh. It was nasty.

I know that they are predators, but I can't handle that. Fortunately, my husbands ex-wife offered the cat a wonderful home. All is good now.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I can sympathise with you A*O. My ex lived way out in the countryside and his cat used to bring in all kinds of offerings. One time I was playing about on his computer and the cat popped in through the window and settled by my feet. It was only when I heard crunching that I looked down to see what she was up to, just in time to see her finishing off the head of the mouse she'd caught. I damn near knocked myself out when I cracked my head on an overhead shelf when I leapt out of my seat to barf. Then she upped the stakes and decided that he really needed to learn how to catch his own prey and started bring her presents in alive and letting them go, which worked out surprisingly well as he did, in fact, become quite adept at catching them and throwing them outside. The worst was when he got another cat who started doing the same thing. I came back from a bike rally to find that my secondary bag with all my spare clothes for going home in stank to high hell of decomposing rodent after the younger cat had decided to stash a present for me in it. I ended up having to catch the train home wearing a pair of his combat pants and one of his t-shirts (not good as he was a lot taller than me) as the only clothes that I had there that weren't in the bag were the ones that I'd been wearing while camping in a muddy field full of drunken bikers. I even had to borrow a pair of boxer shorts from him as I didn't have any underwear that I could wear.

My own cats are housecats so I don't have too many problems, but one of them sometimes brings me a used teabag if she can get into the kitchen pedalbin, and once found a beetle that had got into the house and brought me that as well, half chewed and covered in cat spit, and dropped it on my desk for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information