Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Cats and Their Destruction of Christmas Trees, Ornaments, etc.

Cats are such little fucking terrorists! I am so not a cat person and this just reinforces that.

Meh, I've been trained to not be upset about replacing ornaments every year. To be honest they've very rarely knocked over the tree, I think the last time was three years ago when Jazzy was a baby, and mostly just bat off the glass balls and play soccer with them. I've stopped buying the bird figurine ornaments they loved to kill so much, and they pretty much leave everything else alone.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Cats are the sociopaths of the animal kingdom, and that's why I love them.
    BITTER, Trixie, Kittylady and 6 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Our second cat destroyed our Christmas tree. I thought Mom was gonna kill her, but Dad, of all people, found a solution. Hot sauce or hot pepper spray. IIRC, he got it from a hunting store??? It smelled a bit weird but Smoke stayed away from that tree.
    Vicks Vaporub is also good, especially if you have a kitten in the house who has a taste for phone charger cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post

I have two scratching posts. One is a fancy one with little toy mice fastened into little holes by elastic and different textures around the outside etc and the other is basically a piece of wood with a few strands of rope clinging to the bottom half after being used an abused by MIL's successive cats before being passed to us. The most they have ever done to the fancy, expensive one is repeatedly show their disdain by puking on it, but they fucking love the tattered embarrassed-to-have-it-in-the-house POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Cats are such little fucking terrorists! I am so not a cat person and this just reinforces that.
    But they are so cuuuuuuuute! I think we need to be grateful that ISIS haven't figured out how to purr and look adorable or else we'd be in deep, deep shit.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Vicks Vaporub is also good, especially if you have a kitten in the house who has a taste for phone charger cables.

Not necessarily. I had a cat years ago, who literally would EAT Vick's Vaporub right off my face. I had a cold and had put some under my nose. Maybe it's the eucalyptus in it.
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^^ Wut-wut? Ewwwww.

Home Depot sells some stuff that I used to keep the squirrels and racoons out of my yard, but it stinks like wolf vag.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^^ Wut-wut? Ewwwww.

Home Depot sells some stuff that I used to keep the squirrels and racoons out of my yard, but it stinks like wolf vag.
    When have you smelled wolf vag?
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

This thread just took a disturbing turn.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Is anyone really surprised?
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Jimmy rescued yet another kitten and she has been going to town on my tree, hanging from the bottom branches, crawling up into the middle of it. She's so darn cute though and at least we only have about a week of having the tree up.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My cats don't mess with the tree until presents are under it so I wait until Christmas Eve. They normally just hide under the presents. It' fantastic watching the kids reach for a gift a paws coming out of nowhere and scaring the hell out of them! LOL! Every year! It's the gift that keeps on giving.
    Trixie, Mivvi21, Kittylady and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Is anyone really surprised?
    Is it time to talk about cilantro and Crisco yet? Jello molds? Chicken in a can?

12 cats = no tree. Candles, pillows, Elf on a Shelf (he gets knocked off daily), some snowmen.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Jimmy rescued yet another kitten and she has been going to town on my tree, hanging from the bottom branches, crawling up into the middle of it. She's so darn cute though and at least we only have about a week of having the tree up.
    You know the rules Shellee! All kittens must be shown to the crazy cat people here! Get snapping!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Is it time to talk about cilantro and Crisco yet? Jello molds? Chicken in a can?
    It's always time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    12 cats = no tree. Candles, pillows, Elf on a Shelf (he gets knocked off daily), some snowmen.
    Four cats, no tree, no decorations. We have a few cards up but they have only survived by being on top of Bloke's preciousssss turntable and the cats have learned not to go on top of there because he goes purple faced and shouty.
    Bluebonnet and Brookie like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Cats are the sociopaths of the animal kingdom, and that's why I love them.
    I love that they don't give a shit. To me, that's just cool. They don't need anyone's approval (human or otherwise), they are confident yet are very, very nurturing animals towards their babies and to their humans. Now, granted, the nurturing is on their terms but it's still sweet.

And each cat has its own individual personality. Some breeds are more social than others but each one is unique.

Slightly OT, but my husband and I were watching an episode of the "The Story of Cats" on PBS; one segment was about cheetahs, and how about 60%(?) of baby cheetahs die within the first year of life due to lack of food or other predators (because although cheetahs are fast, going from 0-60 in 3 seconds, they are not very strong and will often have their food stolen by other predators). The baby cheetahs are so cute, though, so I told my husband "OMG, look how cute, let's adopt one!", and it was sad to hear so many of them die...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information