Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cat Owners: Where do you put litter box?

Default Re: Cat Owners: Where do you put litter box?

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    ^^Yeah, PB, I'm leaning that way. You gotta hear the whole story...I think it's cool.

We have been holding off on a cat because we want an ALL-BLACK cat (it sure has been a great excuse not to get one sooner, too!)

The cat showed up at my Aunt's on HALLOWEEN (I think it's cool a stray black cat would show up then).

She kept calling me to come see it and I put it off, because I figured I'd fall in love with the damn thing.

I visited my parents (who live next to my Aunt) this week, and she called over when she saw my van. "Come see Spooky (what she calls the cat)!" I put her off again. A couple hours later I am leaving (I had my 7 year old with me) and guess who's at the front door? Spooky. He is purring like a madman, twining around my legs, cuddling with my son...my heart melted. I spent some time with him and saw that he is absolutely beautiful. He looks to be about a year old. He is clean and friendly, he had to have belonged to someone, but they live in the country and there's really no way to tell where he came from.

Spooky followed me to the van and tried to get in. It was hard to leave him.

Here's the kicker...I dreamed about the damn thing. The dream was so real, and he was telling me he wanted to live here.

I think it's fate. Screw it! I'll figure out the litter box!!!!!
    I LOVE THAT STORY!! I just love cats and think that is sooo cute!!
    Another reason I love it: because I have a black cat too--NAMED SPOOKY! She was born ON Halloween!!! She turned 15 this past Halloween....she's still full of the devil and runs around like a maniac. But she is deathly afraid of everything and everyone (except us). I'll never NOT have a cat. EVER.

I keep Spooky's litterbox in the basement, along w/her food. She's so skiddish that I believe she prefers it that way.....

GO GET THAT KITTY TODAY ALGERNON!!

Oooh, I like your story too, Frank. What are the chances the place would be closed? Definitely fate.

What are your cats' names?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Lynnie!!! Way cool that your cat is Spooky! And born on Halloween, wow! Since we don't know when this cat was born, maybe we'll just pretend his birthday is Halloween!

We have a bunch of cats, mostly Siamese. One night, we had come home from shopping, and were bringing in bags of mostly cat food (what else) Suddenly, I hear this meowing outside. I freak out, because none of my cats are allowed out without us. I look, and there is this big hairy cat standing at the bottom of the steps, just meowing and looking at me. I sit down on the steps to pet him. He's a nice and purring (not a kitten, a big, fat cat). He hung around for a couple of weeks and never seemed to go home. Our cats' dishes are right inside the window over the stairs, and I know he could hear them eating and smell the food. I felt bad for him, but I really didn't want another cat, and I figured he was someone's. Eventually (weeks go by) he is not leaving, so we start feeding him out on the porch. It starts to get cold, and he is sleeping in our garage. We would call him for dinner, and he would run through the snow to get it. Eventually we said, what can we do, this cat can't live outside all winter, it is cold here. We took him to a place that got him vetted for free, and after that we let him in. I expected a huge fight, but no one did. He just wanted to live in a house again, and I think he is so big my cats respected that. So he has been ours for a few years now, and he's big and pretty and always purrs when you pet him. Thank got he is not a lap cat, he would crush us.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Oh, and my point being, adopt that little kitty, he already knows he wants to live with you, just like our big guy knew he wanted to live with us. Long before we knew, he did.

^^^I LOVE that story too! You guys are ALL making me want to go and get the cat now!!!

Sweetrebel, you should pretend like a cat just appeared. Your man will get over it quick. I've been using the cat box excuse for a year now, because the death of our beloved Spot was devestating. I didn't want to ever have a cat again for fear of losing it. But thanks to this thread....I think I'm ready....

*excited to perhaps be a cat owner again, finally*

I have an all black cat I adopted from the humane society, and one that is mostly black with white markings that we got from a neighbor. I also have a tortoise shell calico. The biggest and sweetest one is a burmese, I think. The markings are very distinct, but it's hard to place what he is. Pretty much gray and fluffy. He was sooo scrawny. He was rescued by some friends from a scummy guy living in a trailer. Everyone loves him and wants to have him.

Moocow, same with my guy. When he was living in my garage, I tried to find someone who wanted to take him. After we finally broke down and added him to our prison population, whever I go people want him. I took him to the vet, and there is a client there who has a few of those (I think he is a Norwegian Forest cat) and all the vet's assistants are going, "Oh, he would love to have that cat." Sure, now that we are attached, you all want him. i took him to Petco, and he was a huge hit. Some woman came up to me and was staring at him and commenting on how large he is. She goes, "How old is he?" I said, "Oh, about 6 months." You should have seen her face.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I remember being about eight and continuing to work on a jigsaw, only to look in the box and find a lovely fragranced poop amongst the pieces!
    LOL! One of my cats did that too, only she did a wee not a poo. I threw the jigsaw in the bin....
    A big boy did it and ran away.

You totally have to get that sweet black kitty Algernon! And absolutely celebrate his birthday on Halloween! The kids would love it! He sounds so nice, and comfortable w/people and little ones. Some strays aren't like that, especially if they were abused. I don't think you would regret getting him, but maybe you would if you DIDN'T.

After my Spooky is gone (though that is something I cannot even imagine right now), I already know I am going to the local SPCA and getting 2 kittens, or cats. I want them both to be girls, and I will name them 'George' & 'Ringo' if their kittens). Cats are totally cool....I'm so glad to hear that there are many other cat/animal lovers on the board.

Algernon: Take Spooky home!! He was meant to be your cat!

And now for my own Cat Story:
    My cat's name is Henry. I got him at the animal shelter here in NYC. He's black, with a big triangular patch of white just above his twig and (no longer existant) berries, and he's got a little white underneath his arms. I call it his pubic hair, LOL!

Henry was meant to be my cat. I knew it as soon as I stepped into the room. Now, I did not trust this instinct. I just assumed it was coincidence. What was the coincidence? When I walked in the room, his cage door was wide open and his little kitty face was poking out, looking at me. He looked like he was about to jump down from the cage, but he was too little, so I immediately went to him, petted him, and closed his cage. I then spotted a supercute kitten, and eventually tried to adopt her. While in line downstairs, I thought "Wait. She's a long-haired kitty. Do I really want to deal with long hair? Hopefully, she'll be too young for spaying, etc., so I can get the black cat instead." (I was feeling guilty for being suckered by her beauty.)

So as I'm standing in line, I decide that I really want the black kitty. As it turns out, the girl kitty was too young, and it was important for me to have the cat spayed/neutered before bringing the cat home. So I went back upstairs to write down the black kitty's adoption number. Mind you, when I was there the first time, NOBODY was in the room. When I went back this second time, IT WAS FILLED WITH PEOPLE!! Everybody was holding a kitten, playing with them. There were only two cats that nobody paid attention to: the black one I wanted, and another female cat. So I copied down his number really quick, dashed downstairs, and discovered 1) he's available and 2) he's big enough to get neutered. Yay!!

So, yeah, it was pretty obvious from the moment I stepped into the room that Henry was supposed to be my cat. And I couldn't be happier with him! He's so sweet and so smart and so much fun! I love him!

^^^Now that story made my heart skip a beat.

^^^Yeah. My little cousin works at the shelter. She's had her fair share of sorrow. Unfortunately she can't take them all home. She's taken a lot of them, though!

^^ I still want to go back and save some more! I'll probably end up getting a second cat from the shelter when I get an apartment of my own.

Well, my new Cheeto (he's orange) seems to be settling in. My first cat is sulking a little, but he seems pretty interested in this new person. Cheeto has hissed a couple of times & tried to bat my Shih-tzu on the nose just once, but otherwise we have been battle-free. He has been sitting on the windowsill meowing, but we have explained to him that it's either all the way in or all the way out, and he is IN. (I don't want my wild birds killed, & my neighborhood is full of dogs who would eat kitties.) I think it's going to work out.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information