Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cat constantly underfoot

OMG, so sorry NoDay! Poor kitties I have now been letting the kitty roam in the garden a bit but she hasn't gotten her feline leukemia shot yet. I don't care that I can ill afford it, I'm getting it done, she's already met a couple of stray cats and I'd never forgive myself if she got sick.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Noday, if your healthy kitty gets vaccinated, can she be with the others?

So sorry about your cats. Heartbreaking...

NoDay, I am so sorry!! Poor little guys!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Noday I'm so sorry! I adopted a cat from a local shelter as a kitten and by the time he was a year old he kept sneezing, Sure enough, took him into the vet and he had feline leukemia, the vet advised us to put him down - I couldn't.

He would get chest infections, but I would mix a small concoction of Amoxicilin, honey, & water and force him to eat it. After a day or two he was much better. Max was with us for 4 more years after the diagnosis. There is hope...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Noday, if your healthy kitty gets vaccinated, can she be with the others?
    I wouldnt risk it.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

That was our vet's take on it too, the vaccine isn't a 100% guarantee so it's best to keep them separated.

Muffins is getting used to being alone and we've been giving her lots of extra loving too. The roommate and her boyfriend have taken over the 2 sick cats because, while they were "house" pets (we all take care of them), they were really given to her at first so I think she wants the responsibility of taking care of them.

So sorry, Noday

I wasn't sure about the vaccine. I figured it wasn't 100%.

The boy cat was put down today. It's sad to say this, but I think the roommate didn't want to spend the money on him anymore because he wasn't actually doing badly. He still seemed 100% healthy.

We still have the one girl cat and she's doing OK, getting lots of love from everyone.

That's so awful. RIP, little guy. Hugs to you, NoDay.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Poor Kitty. I am sorry,but if there was no hope of recovery maybe he was protected from horrors to come.
    I am so sorry,Noday.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

noday, i'm so sorry!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So sorry

Oh geez, I am so sorry NoDay!! Poor little boy kitty. It's like he knew...maybe that was why he was so needy. I'm glad your surviving kitty stayed well and has such a good human. And I hope the sick girl kitty responds well to treatment and has a good quality of life for as long as possible.

A few years ago my husband and I saved a local stray who was being eaten alive by a horrible mite infestation. Turns out he was feline HIV (FIV) positive. We kept him healthy as long as we could, several years with just a few minor infections, but last summer he was diagnosed with a sudden, horrible mouth cancer. We had him put down, but only after getting him a Fentanyl patch and spoiling him rotten for two days. We even brought him inside after quarantining the other cats downstairs. He knew he was dying, but he spent his last days being loved and cuddled.

Apparently that sort of cancer is typical for an FIV cat. We couldn't spare him all the suffering; but we did what we could and we aren't sorry for a penny of it because he was the most fascinating little being. His eyes had all the wisdom and sorrow of the world in them. I almost named him Bogie because he was such an old tough guy, but really his heart was pure marshmallow.

It's a hard world sometimes...sigh.

p.s. I have a little boycat who always gets underfoot too. I think he believes he is being helpful. I hate to disillusion him....lol.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

So sorry, poor babies

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information