Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cat constantly underfoot

Well, apparently this doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. We found out this afternoon that 2 of our cats, including the boy cat, have feline leukemia so the vet told us to keep all 3 separated from each other and that each of them probably only has about 6 months. The boy cat is going to be in our roommate's room because she works from home, the loner will be in another bedroom, and the healthy cat will be in the main part of the house.

fgg

OMG noday, so horrible! i'm sorry
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Oh that's awful, I'm so sorry.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

OMG NoDay I am so sorry!!! That is just horrible. *hugs*

We knew the sick girl was sick, she's been coughing a really horrible cough for the last few weeks so we took her to the vet then and after a quick test knew she was a carrier, so she's been separated since then, the others we hoped would be OK, but got test results today that tell us differently. Just sad, those 2 cats have had the worst luck. We only got them in the first place because we were cat sitting for someone else who decided they just were never going to pick their cats up from us, before that they were strays. It's going to be a rough few months

I'm sorry to hear that NoDay. At least your cats have lived a lovely life while you have had them. They know that they are loved & are well cared for. It's not much consolation but it's something…
    LynnieD likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Noday, that is the worst news! Poor little kitties. All you can do us keep them happy and loved. Hugs.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sorry to hear about your kitties NoDay
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

awwww NoDay I am so sorry
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that NoDay!

I came in here to post because I have the exact same problem with my boy cat. Now I'm just grateful he's healthy.

Noday, vets can be wrong. They might be driving you nuts 2 years from now. I hope so. Hugs.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone, it means a lot to me.

It's sad. The healthy one, who has always been a loner, is lonely now. She knows the other 2 are gone and keeps mewing and now follows us around like we are going to lead her to them

Sorry to hear that too..... sad.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

My heart goes out to you NoDay. Quite a few years ago a cat came to live with us and I didn't take her to the vet for about a year because I just had this feeling that I wanted to ignore. I finally did and they told me she had feline leukemia. She lived exactly 2 years after her diagnosis. She had been abnormally clingy the night before she died. I let her out the next morning because she always went out and that night she didn't come back. I was beside myself because I didn't want her to die alone. 2 days later my neighbor called and said my cat was in her yard under a tree. I went over and got her. I knew she was suffering so I took her to the vet. The vet said that most of the time they either just go in their sleep or they have respiratory failure. I really feel for what you are going through, but you are giving them the love and care they deserve. My thoughts are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    My heart goes out to you NoDay. Quite a few years ago a cat came to live with us and I didn't take her to the vet for about a year because I just had this feeling that I wanted to ignore. I finally did and they told me she had feline leukemia. She lived exactly 2 years after her diagnosis. She had been abnormally clingy the night before she died. I let her out the next morning because she always went out and that night she didn't come back. I was beside myself because I didn't want her to die alone. 2 days later my neighbor called and said my cat was in her yard under a tree. I went over and got her. I knew she was suffering so I took her to the vet. The vet said that most of the time they either just go in their sleep or they have respiratory failure. I really feel for what you are going through, but you are giving them the love and care they deserve. My thoughts are with you.
    Damn, that is SAD darksith! So sorry about your kitty. She was lucky to have you--you really loved her...
    McJag likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information