Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Calling all cat people: Advice please!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Garlic is a good idea but might be a little tricky as she eats dry food. I wonder if dosing her with humus or garlic and onion dip will work? I've got tea tree oil as well as I've been dabbing it on the worst of my bites (I come up a treat when I get bitten ) so I'll give the fleabag a rub down with it as well. As well as spraying we've been treating the flooring with a powder that you sprinkle and then vacuum. I also like the lamp idea. I'm already drowning any I catch in a jar of soapy water but this will be an additional murder spree to enjoy.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I heard spraying vinegar and water on your furniture cusions and pillows kills fleas and dabbing it on a cotton ball and putting it on your cat will kill the fleas, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post

Re. Tea Tree oil, I would be really careful. Some cats are extremely sensitive to it, as they are to many essential oils. One of ours smelled tea tree oil on my hand when I put it on a cut, and started foaming and acting weird. Since then, i've kept if far away from the kitties.
    Are sure she didn't lick it? I remember when I got some in my mouth (I guess it was on my hands) and *I* started foaming at the mouth. It's still not toxic,, though. Just tastes like pure evil.
    greysfang likes this.

^^I don't think she did, I had just put it on the cut. She really had a violent reaction to smelling it, poor thing.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

A bit of digging has revealed a new tip; apparently sprinkling your rugs with baking soda is a non-insecticidal alternative. It's supposed to dry out the eggs and larvae and breaks the breeding cycle. Also it seems like we're not the only ones having problems right now. There's quite a few reports saying that the UK weather conditions this summer have been perfect for a flea-boom and that is precisely what's happened.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information