Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big-ass effing cockroaches! Someone tell me how to kill them.

I love you Grim, sorry you are tortured. Aquanet does work, but roaches can be hard to get. In one place I lived, they wouldn't appear until I sat on the Can, I SWEAR THEY KNEW THIS, then they would materialize on the wall in front of me. If I fucking moved one iota, they disappeared. You had be Clint Eastwood to nail one. The ones that fly, according to my life experiences are only in the South.
    Good Luck, sometimes Very Loud Yelling and Hammering on the walls and the floors can Help. But you have to watch out for the neighbors and the cops. And even then the results only last for a few minutes.
    They are smarter than us. Keep all food and toiletries covered and sealed. Make them go next door to party, and you get the FUCK out of THERE as fast as you can!!!
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    not sure if it's too late to reply---

but I live in Texas, and we have huge honkin' cockroaches all over the state. I SWEAR by Combat, those black plastic hexagonal things. I think Combat is made by Raid(?) They make different varieties, and one is specifically for large roaches. The fuckers are attracted to some poisonous bait in there, they don't just get stuck and die in glue (eww). The roach will take the poison back to the "nest" and kill the other fuckers too. You NEVER have to see them, no spray, no mess. For real -- if I see a big-ass roach and put about four of the things out in that area, no more roaches almost immediately. It ROCKS!
    ^^Yes Yes Yes. Combat is the way to go with roaches. I live in Texas too, and am all too familiar with the thumb-sized flying cockroaches/waterbugs, whatever the hell they are. I am DEATHLY afraid of those things, and will mop the floor if I see one walking across it. I DO NOT like the thought of walking on roach footprints. If I see one, I go get the gigantic-sized Combat and put them everywhere. Roach problem usually disappears within a week or so. I know the bastards are still around somewhere, but as long as I don't see them, I can deal with it.

Btw, I saw some bug expert on TV once, and he said bait, like Combat, is the best way to get rid of roaches and other disgusting crunchy fuckers infesting your house (excluding relatives).

The only problem with Combat is that in several generations, when you throw shoes at the roaches....they will be big enough and strong enough to lob them back at you.....all you are really doing is helping their evolutionary process which will result in them being at the top of the food chain in several more hundred years......STILL better than Geoge Bush, however.......

One fine spring night in my summer house ,i woke up for a toilet visit and the floor was BLACK with roaches.
    I ended up in the local hospital with a panick attack.
    Villagers from the area told me before i put the house for sale,to try and work on the outside as well as the inside.
    I used the same stuff around the house and garden and i have no more visitors for the past 11 years.
    Reality is an illusion caused by extreme lack of alcohol.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The only problem with Combat is that in several generations, when you throw shoes at the roaches....they will be big enough and strong enough to lob them back at you.....all you are really doing is helping their evolutionary process which will result in them being at the top of the food chain in several more hundred years......STILL better than Geoge Bush, however.......

grimm, have you made any progress with the situation?

Well after unloading a can of roach killer behind the sink and evacuating the bungalow all day, i went to the store to stock up on roach death (sugar, baking soda, more roach spray). I had left a note with management (Big roach behind kitchen sink. please kill.) and when I came back the fridge had been moved, cupboards were open and such. They say they killed the thing, but I'm taking no chances.

I didn't see its arrogant little head poking out from the crack last night, so maybe all is well.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

.....but by now, all of his relatives have come to the funeral.....look under the bed.....

Hit By Ban Bus!

:cackle: I'd take them over Haggard.

Haven't seen the little fucker since i blasted a can of roach killer behind the kitchen sink.. its a fun can of death too, it shoots like 4 feet in front.. if i had a lighter, it would have been fun
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

lol..glad you are relatively problem free at the moment..

5 more days.. 5 more days... and i'll return to toronto finally having gotten some snow

Elite Member

cool..you can make it..5 days is not too much..how is your tattoo designing coming along btw?

its not, i havent really had a chance.. im probably going to have to use most of the money on bills anyway :/

oh well.. maybe in a year or 2

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i fucking hate cockroaches; i remember my first ever encounter with one was when i went to a midnite showing of X-men in Portland and heard something tapping on the cement sidewalk and looked down and it was a cockroach scurrying along down the street needless to say i was scared shitless and felt violently violated in the worst way!

I have a horrible memory. I never, ever saw a cockroach in a former home. I used to drink my morning coffee & then rinse the cup out, to re-use it the next morning. Late one night I walked in the kitchen & flipped on the light and this HUGE MASSIVE COCKROACH hurridly crawed out of the cup that I would have used in the morning!!! I've never re-used a cup like that again, anywhere.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information