Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big-ass effing cockroaches! Someone tell me how to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It's the Santa Catherina resort.

If you go, stick with the Hilton or Marriott, or the Kura Hulanda. Stick with the 5 star hotels, because even tho theyre 5 stars they dont seem more than 3 or 4, as in nice but not decadent. Do not go for any 'resort' with "bungalows", because you'll be stuck in a bug infested, bare bones kind of place that only has AC in the bedrooms.. the main room becomes unusable because it turns into an oven during the day. Frankly, i'd recommend other island in the caribbean if yer looking for long beaches and tropical environment.. the enviro here is southern california, basically. All dry, cactus filled and spiny. The terrain is volcanic in nature, so the shores are rocky.. lots of bluffs and such.

The beaches, while warm and sunny for the most part, arent the best.. lots of rocks and dead coral, not a lot of sand. The reefs are good to snorkel in and such, but so far havent been utterly blown away by anything. I liked the beaches at Panama city in FL better.

The food is generally tasty (oddly, even the fast food tastes better) and I havent had a bad meal as far as i can remember.

Stay away from the snooty dutch restaurant, Der Tropen.. it aint that great anyhow

Um.. what else. Service is generally painfully slow, there are no emission standards on cars so everything here belches black or blue rancid smoke (really gross) and there's a big ass, pollution belching oil refinery spewing crap into the air 24/7.. it mostly goes out to sea, but still.. it's a blight.

Thanks Grim. I appreciate all the good feedback. I still might leave it off my list now that I know those suckers are there. We're also thinking about Turks and Caicos, Barbados, and St Barts. Know anything about those?

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    you are funny
    just dont startle the roach too much since they can fly

passes out

not sure if it's too late to reply---

but I live in Texas, and we have huge honkin' cockroaches all over the state. I SWEAR by Combat, those black plastic hexagonal things. I think Combat is made by Raid(?) They make different varieties, and one is specifically for large roaches. The fuckers are attracted to some poisonous bait in there, they don't just get stuck and die in glue (eww). The roach will take the poison back to the "nest" and kill the other fuckers too. You NEVER have to see them, no spray, no mess. For real -- if I see a big-ass roach and put about four of the things out in that area, no more roaches almost immediately. It ROCKS!

ive been looking for traps, but they dont seem to sell them on the island.. just spray and crap like that, which is practically useless.

Before i left for work, i unloaded a full can of roach killer in the crack behind the sink so that should hold me till i try the baking soda/sugar thing or take a flamethrower to the whole place.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

traps? omg.
    are they really so large that you might utilize traps?
    i think i wasn't realizing the extent of your problem earlier LOL

Theyre as big as my thumb.. and thats just the body. with the legs, most of my palm.

tropical roaches.. ugh. their antennae are as long as my little finger!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think borax only works on ants......ya gotta get the big guns out for roaches.....lizard......or maybe a Komodo Dragon.....find ya one of them and you can scare the roaches completely off of the island....

St. Grimmlok.....just like old Saint What's His Name and the snakes of Ireland.....

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

St. Grimmlok.....just like old Saint What's His Name and the snakes of Ireland.....
    St-Patrick?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I heard the best spray to kill insects with is good ol' fashioned Aquanet. It dries quickly and plugs up all their little airholes in the process.

Oh, good, two-for-one. Super hold & no live bugs in my hair.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^Just don't go anywhere near an open flame!

Hit By Ban Bus!

How 'bout a taser gun?

or some good old-fashioned 's

OMG, WHY DID I CLICK ON THAT PICTURE?! I fucking hate house centipedes! I don't recall ever seeing them before I moved to Toronto...

*dies*
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

What you need is 2 gallons of gasoline, a book of matches and a fast car. There's no hope, just burn the place down.

^^^Excellent.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information