Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berlin zoo: Beloved polar bear Knut has died

Oh, poor Knut. That video was heartbreaking.

Well now that video is heartbreaking. That poor little guy.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

And the video proves that he didn't die like this:

The celebrity bear died suddenly in his compound at the Berlin Zoo on Saturday afternoon, bear keeper Heiner Kloes told The Associated Press. He waded into the water in his enclosure before having a short spasm and then dying in front of hundreds of zoo visitors.
    He was having what appeared to be a disorienting seizure, lost his
    footing and fell into the water.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I "met" Knut in 2007, we made a film about him. I said then and there, they (the Berlin Zoo admins) are killing him. It was awful to watch how they whored him out, he was already psychotic when he was a baby. They had spotlights on him at night and literally millions of visitors yelling his name, it was like a fucking rock concert. I saw him one more time after Dörflein, his caretaker, had died. I knew Knut wasn't going to make it. Whatever psychosomatic reason it was, he died of a broken heart. It was painfully obvious.

R.I.P., little buddy.
    OMG. That is heartbreaking. Poor little guy.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

He was such a pretty little guy. RIP.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Looks like he had a seizure or something.

WARNING: Don't watch if you don't want to see the bear fall into the water.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9P_gUtZN-E[/YOUTUBE]
    Too late, I just saw it on Inside Edition. Really didn't want to.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Does this mean that if they could have gotten to him in the water (assuming those logistics are possible somehow - hook? netting?), he might not have drown to death? He could have seized but still lived.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Looks like he had a seizure or something.

WARNING: Don't watch if you don't want to see the bear fall into the water.

[youtube]o9P_gUtZN-E[/youtube]
    The walking round in a circle thing he does in the video - he has been doing that since he was a baby. All day, every day. He was clearly disturbed.

He was born in the public eye and he died in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    this makes me feel sick and angry at the same time. Do they not understand proper animal care and behavior at that zoo?? It's not like the Baghdad Roadside Circus, for christ's sake.
    The Berlin Zoo is the worst in the whole country. The zoo director is an arrogant, fat, greedy man. I interviewed him and stated my concerns for Knut in the interview and he ended up yelling at me.

I showed the footage to my network, but they didn't want a critical, investigated piece. They wanted a "cute little polar bear" piece. It frustrated me, because there was obviously something very wrong with Knut.

Knut was four month old, they celebrated Knut visitor # 1 million that day. That's 250.000 thousand visitors a month, each paying ten bucks or so only to see Knut. When he was born, the zoo was broke.

They extended visiting hours well into the night in order to make even more money. Knut's sleeping pattern was disturbed, he cried loudly as if he was crying for help. Every minute of the day. It was awful.

Dörflein and I took Knut for a walk around the zoo. When we passed his mother's compound, she made a leap at him, obviously trying to kill him. Only the screen stopped her. Dörflein said, it would be the end of Knut to share a compound with her, even as an adult. Two years later Knut was living with her, she bothered him all the time. He couldn't catch a break.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Chilly - thanks for staying something and standing up for the little guy. It's obviously more than his own zoo would do for him. What you describe is inhumane and heartless. (Too bad he couldn't have been sent to the Detroit Zoo; they have a gorgeous, new polar bear habitat. He would have been treated like a king.)

- Mark Twain

Thanks Chilly for all your insight. As sad as it is..I feel he's better off. Poor little thing such a sad tortured life. So heartbreaking.

"Knut's sleeping pattern was disturbed, he cried loudly as if he was crying for help. Every minute of the day. It was awful."
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

This is just sickening and makes me so angry, I can't believe what amounts to nothing more than legal animal abuse is tolerated in this day and age. No animal should ever be exploited and mistreated the way poor Knut was.

Poor little guy. Hopefully, he's with his trainer now and they are both at peace.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

From Time Magazine:

This is the last paragraph of the piece:
    On Tuesday, officials at the Berlin Zoo confirmed the preliminary results of the post-mortem, revealing that Knut was suffering from a brain disorder which led to his death. "The initial results show significant changes in the brain which could be regarded as the reason for the polar bear's sudden death," the zoo said in a statement. Further tests will be carried out in the next few days. In the meantime, zoo directors have hit back at any claims of negligence. "We did everything to look after Knut — it's normal for polar bears to live with other polar bears in a zoo, and the idea was that Knut should learn social behavior and other skills from the older females," says bear curator Klös, adding that up until his death, Knut was flourishing. "He played with the other bears, he was relaxed and strong," says Klös. Which makes the young bear's sad, sudden death all the more mysterious.

- Mark Twain

Poor little fella....

Animals don't belong in zoos IMA. Too stressful by far.

Chilly, I hope so many people googling Knut see your comments. Thank you for saying something and giving details.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information