Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Baby Possums Eating Watermelon

^ Yeah, that's what I was expecting too.

Those freaking American ones are all kinds of wrong.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Years ago when I lived alone, one got into my house, apparently via a hole under the cabinet beneath my kitchen sink. It was the middle of the night and I heard all these scratching/scrabbling type noises, figured it was my cat. I roll over in bed and see my cat right beside me, lol.

Got up to investigate (because clearly, I'm smart and don't believe horror movies are real) and found the little guy in my enclosed shower. Don't know how the hell he got in there. Reported it to our non-emergency line and got animal control to come out at 3am, trap him, and release him elsewhere. He was like a teenage one, so sweet and scared. I really felt bad for him.

Funny thing is, before animal control go there, cops obviously got a dispatch call about it. Having nothing else to do I suppose, 2 of them came by to see if everything was Ok...nah, they were just bored and being annoying, more like. Told them they were welcome to take a look at the critter, but they would NOT open the bathroom door. It's hilarious when cops are big pussies.

Anyway, they're very attracted to cat food, we used to leave out food for our old "porch cat" who adopted us but glad we don't have to do that anymore. They're harmless though, only hiss in self-defense but mostly just freeze up. They're the only marsupials to be found in North America.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

We had a family of possums in our attic when we lived in NYC. They're more scared of us than we of them. We left them alone up there as it was winter. Never destroyed a thing or made messes. Quite unlike the racoon that was up there once.

^ Wait, you have critters like that in the city?

I suppose we have urban foxes but they mainly keep themselves to themselves, they certainly don't move in!
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    ^ Wait, you have critters like that in the city?

I suppose we have urban foxes but they mainly keep themselves to themselves, they certainly don't move in!
    NYC is surprisingly full of an array of wildlife. Possums, raccoons, coyotes, deers, fox, etc all live with the five boroughs.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Turtleman carrying on like a tosser while attempting to catch a possum.. but yeah American possums are all kinds of creepy, nasty and ugly. I definitely prefer our cute Aussie variety that enjoy a jam sandwich.
    faithanne likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information