Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any cat lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Trixie, you have a gorgeous kitty.
    Thanks...yours too! Mine has his furry winter coat now too, he looks like a fluffy gray lion.

Eli

I saw a CWOOT black tame cat at Sovereign Hill yesterday, was just sitting on a fence inside and its job was probably to sit there all day because the owner of the candle shop we were in told us his name was Misty or Minxy or something. Anyway I pet it and all sorts and it sat perfectly still, but I swear it was just so cat. Like, so cat. It had that holier than thou attitude as it sat there, even if it was pleasant enough. And then of course, I got out the camera and everytime I took a snapshot, it moved its head. So eventually I looked down at it and muttered: "You don't want your picture taken. Fine." And I walked off. Nyer.
    But I love cats.

I have a Maine Coon cat. We love her, but I'm not sure other people would. You see, she has a bit of attitude, I'm told. I say it's an extra dose of personality. Anyway, she's a HUGE fur ball and I shave her 3-4 times a year since we live in a very warm climate. That, if I'm honest, is not her favorite family fun thing for her or us. But after it's done we're all happy, most especially her. After she's shaved, she looks like a Sumo wrestler. You gotta love her!

I love all animals, but there's just something special about cats. Hubby and I are involved with a local TNR org. The feral problem in TX is really, really bad, lots of morons who refuse to spay/neuter. Thus, we have lots of rescues.

My wonderfully sweet kitty died today He's in kitty heaven now waiting by that Rainbow Bridge with all the rest of my loved and lost pets~
    Playful~

i'm so sorry, playful kisses! at least he has tons of other well loved pets to play with now...

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    My wonderfully sweet kitty died today He's in kitty heaven now waiting by that Rainbow Bridge with all the rest of my loved and lost pets~
    I am so sorry! I know well what an awful few days you face, before you get through the bad part. Please try to stay busy and hugs!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aw, I'm sorry PlayfulKisses. *hugs*

I love cats! I have 6 kitties and one Pug dog, all rescues. I have found Siamese cats to be very intelligent and so loving and devoted to their humans. I couldn't live without one around me!

Oh I am so,so sorry to hear that. That is the one hard thing about being an animal/pet lover... the loss of our beloved friends/family members. People who don't like animals will never understand the loss we all share.

Again I am so sorry for your loss.

{{{{{{ many hugs to you}}}}}}}}

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I love cats! I have 6 kitties and one Pug dog, all rescues. I have found Siamese cats to be very intelligent and so loving and devoted to their humans. I couldn't live without one around me!
    I would love more than my current two but my husband I think would divorce me. LOL
    I would love to have another dog too but it is too much responsibility right now in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Funny cat story. I have feral cats. The male is a tabby who rarely speaks. The only time he talks to me is when he approaches for food. His voice is very croaky and low, almost like a frog.

Turns out that he also visits my neighbor-lady for food as well (and probably anyone else who he can mooch from). But, I was over there the other night when the tom approached and when he talked to her, his voice was much higher and sounded more like a bird.

Is he actually mimicking the differences between my voice (a pretty low, rumbly bass) and her voice (a pretty high, soft one)?

I don't know if I like pets that are smarter than I am......

LOL interesting idea.

Oh, I'm so sorry, PlayfulKisses.

Sending you hugs.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

So sorry, Playful....Losing a loving pet is never easy. Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information