Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any cat lovers here?

My flip-phone is 3 yrs old so doesn't have the ability (that I am aware of) to connect a cable to the computer. But if you know how to send emails from your phone you're good to go~
    Playful~

thank you again. I will give it a shot.

I was raised with dogs too; got my first cat in college because I wanted a pet that was portable and one I wouldn't get attached to like a dog. Ha, silly me. Layla was a tortie with tons of personality and smarts and she was a part of my life for 15 years. I still miss her, and haven't been without at least one cat since. The cat population here peaked at 6 (which had me bordering on crazy cat lady status) but is now down to 3, as well as two crazy border collies so they definitely keep me busy.

This guy currently rules the roost--someone abandoned him at my vet's office and we adopted him at about 6 months. I think he has some Maine Coon in him because he fits that personality to a tee. Very laid back but a people lover and a great talker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I was raised with dogs too; got my first cat in college because I wanted a pet that was portable and one I wouldn't get attached to like a dog. Ha, silly me. Layla was a tortie with tons of personality and smarts and she was a part of my life for 15 years. I still miss her, and haven't been without at least one cat since. The cat population here peaked at 6 (which had me bordering on crazy cat lady status) but is now down to 3, as well as two crazy border collies so they definitely keep me busy.

This guy currently rules the roost--someone abandoned him at my vet's office and we adopted him at about 6 months. I think he has some Maine Coon in him because he fits that personality to a tee. Very laid back but a people lover and a great talker.
    oh what a beautiful cat!
    I got my first cat for a similar reason. I wanted some company when I was away at school and had my first apartment. She was such a beautiful and loving cat.

^^
    Oh that photo brought tears to my eyes. He looks like my baby that died 3 yrs ago. He had the most beautiful black, almost purple, fur that was as soft as a baby's behind. He was my social butterfly and loved everyone but especially his 'Mom'. I've posted some stories about him before but will quickly repeat one of them.

He was very dog-like in personality and would answer to my whistles. He also would eat anything that I ate...so unlike notorious finicky cats. I love cold pizza so when I order one I always get a large so I will be sure to have left-overs for several meals. I also love extremely spicy food so often order them with jalepenos. One night I left the box on the top of the stove forgetting to put it in the fridge for the night. 2 slices only had been eaten. I got up the next morning and that little stink had managed to get the box lid open and had eaten every morsel except the crust. There were as many peppers on the topping as there were pepperonis. Didn't upset his tummy one iota. That was my guy~
    Playful~

Thanks for the compliments on Kirby, guys!! I think he's really a pretty boy. He's also the sweetest cat. Everyone wants to steal him from us. Even everyone at the vet's office

Trixie, you have a gorgeous kitty.

Funny cat story. I have feral cats. The male is a tabby who rarely speaks. The only time he talks to me is when he approaches for food. His voice is very croaky and low, almost like a frog.

Turns out that he also visits my neighbor-lady for food as well (and probably anyone else who he can mooch from). But, I was over there the other night when the tom approached and when he talked to her, his voice was much higher and sounded more like a bird.

Is he actually mimicking the differences between my voice (a pretty low, rumbly bass) and her voice (a pretty high, soft one)?

I don't know if I like pets that are smarter than I am......

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Cats are notorious sluts! I've had cats my entire life and they all had their own very distinct personalities but in the end I'll admit I'm a "dog person"... would I ever turn away a stray kitty? Fuck no. Wow... I'm doing a count in my head of cats... 12 cats... omfg.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I've got four of the little fuckers. All males. Dumbass me.

I love all animals (really, I had pet snails and toads, mice, dogs, even spiders) but my fav are cats. I have respect for an animal that doesn't need me, but loves me unconditionally anyway.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I've got four of the little fuckers. All males. Dumbass me.

....now it makes better sense why you seem to understand the male mind.....males of all species are exactly the same......we think of sex....we think of food.....and we think of sleep.....period. Why are females so doggone complicated?

^ so that we can run around and do all the other stuff you left out, lol!

....what IS there besides sex, food and sleep?.....I put drink in with the food category in case you were wondering......

^tree climbing, kayaking, gardening, reading, rock climbing, skinny dipping....

Cat person here (but I like dogs too). Currently I have 13 indoor cats and 1 feral (who is the father of 3 kittens we rescued and kept - one is in my avatar). We also took in the mom, she was OK with being inside, dad was not. When you have so many cats - you can really see ther personalities come out. They develop cliques and hierarchies - it's like a mini social experiment.

I work for an animal rescue organization - we foster and adopt out, among other activities. There are so many unwanted animals, it breaks my heart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information