Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advice on toilet training a new dog

Elite Member

Exactly so. I said to her vet that if she could have given me back young Lucy healthy, I would have cheerfully taken out another mortgage on the house.

Elite Member

Well time ran out this morning. The heart failure came roaring back and we had to put her down. I took my second grader out of school to say goodbye to the best dog who ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Well time ran out this morning. The heart failure came roaring back and we had to put her down. I took my second grader out of school to say goodbye to the best dog who ever lived.
    I know words won't help right now. So,lots of hugs. Remember-somewhere out there is another special dog grieving for an owner. King could never replace Ginger, but he is so great I know she sent him to me,somehow. Just get through these awful first days, knowing you loved her and she knew it. More hugs. Go have a root beer, the two of you and laugh about her wonderful life. Celebrate her very being!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Thank you, McJag. We'll be having a state funeral for her later in the week.

Thank you, McJag. We'll be having a state funeral for her later in the week.
    New outfits?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm so sorry Scooter.

I'm very fond of the New Orleans send off...the bigger the party, the better.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Elite Member

If ever a dog derved one it was Lucy. My daughter literally learned to walk pulling herself up on Lucy's ears. This is my second animal to die in the soace of a few weeks. My best horse ever had to be out down a few weeks ago...on my birthday no less. Please pass the Xanax.

If ever a dog derved one it was Lucy. My daughter literally learned to walk pulling herself up on Lucy's ears. This is my second animal to die in the soace of a few weeks. My best horse ever had to be out down a few weeks ago...on my birthday no less. Please pass the Xanax.
    Just keep reminding yourself-far better to go through this bad time than to never have the honor & pleasure of being their caregiver and trusted Person.

Elite Member

It was an honor and a priveldge every single day to have Juicy Lucy be a member of the family. My daughter has cried hysterically for 9 hours and is now trying to sleep in my bed.

Scooter, I'm so sorry - you've had a really bad run of things and that sucks.

You provided a loving home to two beautiful animals. I also believe that they are still with you and will be little guardian angels looking out for you.

Sending lots of hugs your way hon, and hoping things turn around for the better for you from now on.

How are things going today?

Elite Member

I just wrote a thank you note to Lucy's long time vet. She was crying yesterday too. My poor kid, who cried herself to sleep last night made a card for Lucy that we all wrote in. We're going to put that in the coffin along with Lu's favorite pig ear strips.

It's amazing how empty the house feels. For 13 years every step I took was accompanied by the click click of Lu's claws as she followed me. The gardener is coming to dig the grave. We picked a sunny spot right by daughter's playpark. It's just where she used to lay when she was babysitting the kid. I've tried to explain to my daughter that if we think of Lucy every day she will always live in our hearts. The end of an era in my life though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information