Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adorable things your pets do

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Yes, they have a way of knowing when to turn on the charm. When the stray was still officially a stray but we were feeding him outside, I wanted to bring him inside. Hubby was unconvinced so the next morning we woke up to two giant rats on our deck that Fatty had killed. Hubby was bragging on that to his friends so Fatty got to come inside for the winter. Now we can barely get him to leave the house!
    aww that is so cute. i love my 'presents' from my cats
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Fin does so many adorable things! When I give him a treat or a bone, he will initially taste it then take it to a secret spot to hide it or bury it. If there is nothing to bury he will push the carpet and pretend like its dirt.

At night he sleeps on his own pillow but during the night manages to wiggle to my pillow and use his legs to push me almost off the bed. One morning I woke up with half my body hanging off the bed and no covers. For a dog so small he sure can take up a lot of a queen sized bed!

He also practically talks with me, since he's a beagle he's got a distinctive howl and uses different tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I get a kick out of how Linus does a kitty dive-bomb onto my bed every morning to wake me up. After his failed attempts to get me up by patting my face with his paw and staring at me, he climbs to the top of the bookcase and jumps directly onto me. I think this is hilarious. He does this almost every morning.

He and I are great pals. He comes when I call him, never hisses, never scratches, likes to have his belly rubbed at all times, puts one paw on my arm when he falls asleep next to me. He's a cute little ball of furry cuddly cuteness.

My vet once said, "I can't believe how much like a dog this cat is."

I think everything my cat Newton does is hilarious. He used to sleep in the overhang of the couch's slipcover like it was a cat hammock (we don't have that couch anymore or I'm sure he'd still do it). When I used to sleep with ear plugs he would stick his face into my ear, and work them out with his teeth so he could play with them! That makes me melt just to think about - a cat removing ear plugs from your ear, awwww. They were his favourite toys for the longest time. He also has to get inside things, even if they're in no way comfortable - he jumps inside our wicker clothes hamper, even when it's empty and he ends up all the way at the bottom with no clothes to lie on. Yesterday I found him inside my backpack, which was standing on end, mind you - he got in with my books and sat there with his head poking out. He also follows us on walks, and he'll run up ahead so that he can lay down and rest while waiting for us to catch up. He pants like a dog when he does this. He does the running man on any smooth surface - stands still and kind of treadmills with his front legs.

The kitten, Kepler, is equally entertaining but I suspect somewhat less clever. He's just sort of cute and crazy. He's the lap cat, the cuddle cat. Both of them have to be in the same room as us, unless they're outside.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I'm like you, Tati...I think everything my pets do is adorable and hilarious!! My dog stares at me and barks for attention, buries her bones in the couch, chases flies in the backyard and tries to eat them, chases the cats, brings me her bowl, ball, baby and Kong until I play with one of them or feed her dinner

My cats are funny. The two 15 year olds are lap cats, although they still play like crazy. The two 8 year olds are opposite of one another. One loves people and loves to be pet. The other loves to swat at you and basically be very aloof.

Tati, my cat used to play with my ear plugs, too. He didn't take them out of my ears but I had to start hiding the case because he actually figured out a way to open it so he could have his way with the plugs.hehe

My gigantic white bunny rabbit is temporarily living in my bathroom (long story), and he's so spoiled that if I don't make a huge fuss over him every time I'm in there he starts circling and nibbling my feet and makes this really odd low grunting sound. He wants my attention so badly he's even jumped in the bath tub with me before!
    (..... the claws were NOT good.)

When the cats get near his food bowl he tries to attack them. He's like that crazy killer bunny in The Holy Grail!!

My little girl pup likes her belly rubbed....a lot. If you don't rub it long enough she'll huff and puff like a pissed off kid. My boy pup tucks his butt when he runs. It's adorable. I love them so much.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Eli

Woke up in the middle of the night last night to find some sort of a gigantic lump on my legs... took me a while to realise it was my dog Lachey because he was twitching. Seriously thought it was a rat nibbling cheese on my bed (I was half asleep, okay?). Anyway he was having a dream and when I turned on my light I noticed his legs were twitching and he was "drinking" in his sleep. Most adorable thing ever!

And just now he was walking past with a toilet roll in his mouth when the dog down the road barked and I heard something drop behind me, so I turned around and Lachey was at the doorway looking out the window in the room I'm in, completely frozen. He'd dropped the toilet roll and was clearly listening for the dog, but he was frozen and he stayed that way for 2 whole minutes. Meanwhile I was struggling not to burst into laughter because if I moved I figured he'd move. It was hilarious.

I am crazy over my babies, I could go on for years, but my favorite things Petunia the Pug does are spoon with me in bed and snuggle and wiggle her little face against mine, make Pug snorts, grumbles, head tilts. She follows me everywhere, just HAS to be right with me all the time!
    My cats are very loving and sweet and just know when I'm down and gather around me to cuddle. I had an old Siamese who adored me and could say, "Mama!"

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

My German Shepherd wakes me up in the morning by jumping on the bed, taking off my covers with his paw and then tugging on my shirt until I get up.

He will also grab the collar of my Lab and drag her to the door when he wants her to go outside with him.

It's too cute... Not sure Caesar Milan would approve though.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    my dog Lachey
    As in Nick Lachey???
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I crack up laughing when my Ruby thinks she is being sneaky. She is getting bigger but is as clumsy as ever! We have wood floors and she tries to sneak down the hall and suprise me when I am sitting on the couch or in the floor watching tv, but as she gets close she tries to run to jump on me and she slides all over the place. She also thinks she is sneaky when she is laying in "her" chair and as soon as I turn my back on her she starts chewing on the blanket or trying to bury her bone in the chair and as soon as I turn around she lays back down like nothing is happening. Hello like I can't hear you flop down in the chair or see you in a new position... She is a blast and a pain for sure but I love her to pieces!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I am crazy over my babies, I could go on for years, but my favorite things Petunia the Pug does are spoon with me in bed and snuggle and wiggle her little face against mine, make Pug snorts, grumbles, head tilts. She follows me everywhere, just HAS to be right with me all the time!
    My cats are very loving and sweet and just know when I'm down and gather around me to cuddle. I had an old Siamese who adored me and could say, "Mama!"
    I'm guessing thats your pug in your avatar. She is a cutie and her actions sound a lot like my sisters pug. He snorts like crazy, follows her everywhere and cries when he sees her getting ready to leave the house. And he also falls asleep while sitting up and then starts to falls and wakes up.

My little girl, Gracie who is half german shepard and half collie is the sweetest thing. She's not a tiny dog but thinks she is. She has to be laying on your lap and the moment you stop petting her she takes her paw to your hand to move it back to her. Whats really cute is she'll take one of her babies (toys) out with her if you tell her and bring them right back in when you tell her. And she'll run upstairs to wake people up if you tell her so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I'm guessing thats your pug in your avatar. She is a cutie and her actions sound a lot like my sisters pug. He snorts like crazy, follows her everywhere and cries when he sees her getting ready to leave the house. And he also falls asleep while sitting up and then starts to falls and wakes up.

My little girl, Gracie who is half german shepard and half collie is the sweetest thing. She's not a tiny dog but thinks she is. She has to be laying on your lap and the moment you stop petting her she takes her paw to your hand to move it back to her. Whats really cute is she'll take one of her babies (toys) out with her if you tell her and bring them right back in when you tell her. And she'll run upstairs to wake people up if you tell her so.
    yes that's my Petunia Pearl, she's a rescue, we adopted last year and have lost our minds over her. she is the sweetest, funniest little girl. when she knows I'm leaving, she sticks her bottom lip out and pouts!

Your Gracie sounds adorable!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information