Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Adopting another kitty

sounds perfect; because mine is a bit of a beast. she likes to touch you, too, but with her teeth. but she gets nicer, the older she gets.
    -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Can I send my Kitty to you for a few weeks? I would love to have baby kitties and I would love to have baby kitties that look like your gorgeous cat
    I'll send our furry rapist to him as well! KITTENS! KITTENS EVERYWHERE!! SQUEEE!!!

Hey Kris, do you think your little guy could handle two laydeez at the same time?
    funky_chicken likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I'll send our furry rapist to him as well! KITTENS! KITTENS EVERYWHERE!! SQUEEE!!!

Hey Kris, do you think your little guy could handle two laydeez at the same time?
    Lemme show you...he's got plenty to go around.

This is Kirby, next to one of my dearly departed babies. He was a normal, full grown, 15 pound cat. Kirby is plus size.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

We need frozen catspunk in the mail asap! Now where to get a teensy turkeybaster...?

(Unfortunately himself says no kittens and the cat will be getting seen to in the future. He doesn't believe that I'd be able to part with any of them. Bastard.)
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Is Kirby able to procreate, Kris? (or has he been *ahem* "fixed"?)
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Sadly, Kirby has been fixed (he insists he was never broken!!).

Maybe we could clone him
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.

Tomcats that have had a vasectomy are sooooooo sweet!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

awww what a pity. but I think I'd take a clone, too, if you want to clone a herd of your furry baby.
    Kittylady likes this.
    -

awwww what an adorable chubby baby!
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It's been a bumpy month and a rough couple of days. We've got him eating and his obsession with water comes and goes. Honestly, I feel like a horrible person for saying this, but I'm reaching the end of my rope with his behavior. I know caring for anything or anyone that's sick is challenging and people get frustrated. For starters, he's peeing (or trying to pee) everywhere. I have all of the bedrooms closed off because he's going into our closet and peeing, our kidlet's closet and her toy bins, doll crib, etc. I had to clean the carpets this week and he's going into the empty playroom and dining room and peeing in corners. Fortunately, because his kidneys aren't working properly (that sounds bad to say it that way) his urine is so diluted and it doesn't smell like cat pee. Still, who wants piss on everything they own? There is a bit of blood in his urine, but we've had bloodwork done as recently as two weeks ago, by two different vets and there is no infection. Xrays and ultrasounds and there are no stones or tumors. Urinalysis and there are no crystals. He's on preventative antibiotics several times a week.

I just don't know what to do. The peeing, the litter everywhere in the house, the howling, etc. I'm losing it. He's waking me up every morning at 5 or 5:30. No one can sleep, the sinks are filled with little clumps of cat litter and I'm cleaning all the time.

Sorry to vent, I'm just frustrated.

I have no advice, I wish I did. Just offering some support, I was curious as to how everything was working out. That would be very stressful to constantly worry about finding a new puddle of urine somewhere.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; October 20th, 2013 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    KrisNine likes this.

^^Thank you

It is pretty stressful. Like I said, his behavior is the hardest part of this. He's a good cat, but the constant filth is crazy.

Kris, do you think he is suffering? His behavior sounds like he is not a happy camper.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Kris, do you think he is suffering? His behavior sounds like he is not a happy camper.
    I'm not sure anymore. You're right, his behavior makes him sound like he's really unhappy. It can't be a fun, happy, fulfilling cat life. He's constantly on the go between the litter box, the sink and crying/pacing. He's got a great appetite and when he calms down, he's fine. I can hardly give him his medicine anymore without having to wrestle the cat and pin him down.

I feel like I'm failing him somehow and it's weighing heavily on me. I don't want him to suffer, but I don't want to jump the gun.

i wouldn't give up on him yet, either.
    kris, have you asked your vet about antidepressants for cats? i remember reading somewhere that sometimes cats will keep acting weird over a physical problem that is no longer bothering them. from what you said, your cat isn't sick anymore and shouldn't be acting funny anymore so perhaps that's what's going on with your kitty?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information