Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Adopting another kitty

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I hope so too, because he's not doing well. He's rapidly losing weight and doesn't look good at all. If these xrays are inconclusive, then my SO wants to really seriously considering putting him to sleep. He thinks it's the fair thing to do.
    Sadly I have to agree with him. You have to be brave,we can cry with you later. Something is badly wrong and he may be in pain. Give it this one last test first.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

*saying prayers for Kris' cat*
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Kirby Kris.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thank you, all of you !!

So, there are no stones or tumors in the kidneys or bladder. He's dehydrated and full of poop. Which is normal when a cat is dehydrated. So, the vet is giving him an enema to relieve the constipation and some subQ fluids. We're going to continue on the antibiotic and give subQ fluids at home for a week. What a mess. I'll know in a few days if there's a difference. He's given us 15 great years and I'm not going to continue to make him miserable if we can't find a solution. I can't put him through test after test. I love the little guy too much for that.

Thinking of you and your cat!
    KrisNine likes this.

I hope he gets better.

You might try pumpkin for the constipation. Plain pumpkin helps with both constipation and diarrhea in cats. If you try it, just make sure you get plain pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix (which has spices and sugar added). I give it to them plain or mixed in with food, and I freeze what I'm not using since you only give about a spoonful a day.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Elite Member

Good news that he doesn't have tumors or stones, pretty shitty (pun intended), that he needs an enema though. Though hopefully, this will point them in a right direction. If he drinks that much a day, and is that dehydrated, surely that should narrow the search somewhat.

I hope he gets a treat tonight. What an insult! Poor kitty.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    I hope he gets better.

You might try pumpkin for the constipation. Plain pumpkin helps with both constipation and diarrhea in cats. If you try it, just make sure you get plain pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix (which has spices and sugar added). I give it to them plain or mixed in with food, and I freeze what I'm not using since you only give about a spoonful a day.
    We used to give our lab plain canned pumpkin when she was sick to her stomach. Of course, she loved it. I'll see if the cat likes it. He probably won't, but I'll give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Good news that he doesn't have tumors or stones, pretty shitty (pun intended), that he needs an enema though. Though hopefully, this will point them in a right direction. If he drinks that much a day, and is that dehydrated, surely that should narrow the search somewhat.
    Yes, it's a bit of good news and hopefully we're heading in the right direction.

Poor guy will for sure get a good treat tonight. The vet recommended that we keep him confined to a tiled area tonight, since he's going to be a poopin' machine!! I'm getting the laundry room ready for him. His litter box is already in there, I folded up a few old towels and an old sheet for his bed and I'll put his food and water in there. I need a radio or something for him.
    MmeVertigina and Bluebonnet like this.

How is he doing, Kris?
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Well, he's very meowy today. That whole caterwauling meow. I'm not sure if it's from being locked up all night or if it's because he's not feeling well. He ate a little this morning but he's agitated. We're going to keep treating him for the next few days and see how he does. I'm not as optimistic as I have been, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Thanks for asking.

So, we're up and down. We're possibly looking a little more up than we have been for the last two weeks. I don't want to jinx it. He's still howling, but not as much. He's eating more and more every day. He's still not eating a ton, but he's eating and interested in food. Not drinking as much, but still extremely interested in water. Also, he's finally relaxing a bit and not walking around pacing constantly. We're still having to put him in the laundry room at bed time because he'll howl and wake everyone up. I've set up a nice little condo in there for him.

Keep sending the good thoughts and vibes, they seem to be working!!

Glad to hear this
    KrisNine likes this.

So glad to hear that! Sending healing vibes.
    KrisNine likes this.

Thank you

Another day, a little more progress. Today he was a little more howly than he has been, but he also has quite an appetite.
    Quazar and MmeVertigina like this.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information