Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Adopting another kitty

We have several of those, plus a little graveyard out back. Awful, but so much better than having them freeze-dried or otherwise preserved which some people seem to be into.
    KrisNine likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    We have several of those, plus a little graveyard out back. Awful, but so much better than having them freeze-dried or otherwise preserved which some people seem to be into.
    I have quite a few myself. We're thinking about scattering them someplace special. Although, for Kirby, some place special was the back of the sofa. For my dog, Josie, we were thinking Big Bear Lake (So Cal mountains) or Dog Beach in Huntington Beach. she loved both places.

I broke down at the vets office. I told the very sweet girl there that I was going to try to tell her why I was there without crying. Without saying another word, she said "oh, I know why you're here" and went to get Kirby. I started crying and the two women in the waiting room weren't sure what was going on. Then, they saw the box and they started crying. I had my daughter with me and she said "why are you sad momma?" And she started crying. The girl that works for my vet is so kind and sweet. She offered to walk me to my car and put Kirby's little box in there for me. I declined her offer and she gave me a big hug. I'm not a big hugger of strangers, but it felt so nice and genuine. She told my girl to tickle mommy and make her smile. Of course, she did.

I'm going to send a note to my vet to let them know what a great employee they have.
    McJag, Brookie and Kittylady like this.

Aww, that was very nice of her. Must be so hard to work at a vet office, the heartbreak of ill/injured pets and the people who love them. Don't think I could do it. I am so sorry you have to go through this, I know how painful it is.
    KrisNine likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Aww, that was very nice of her. Must be so hard to work at a vet office, the heartbreak of ill/injured pets and the people who love them. Don't think I could do it. I am so sorry you have to go through this, I know how painful it is.
    Thank you. It really is getting better. There is no way I could do it either. I would need to be on anti-depressants.

Poor Kris. I entered the vets office crying when I had to take my Ginger in. I knew what I had to do, Theey were all so sweet. The vet's office sent me a sympathy card and they all signed it. That meant a lot.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I should start getting group rates from my vet. They've "taken care of" 4 cats already and they all cry right along with me whenever I have to have one put to sleep. I love the folks at my vet's office.
    ConstanceSpry and KrisNine like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Poor Kris. I entered the vets office crying when I had to take my Ginger in. I knew what I had to do, Theey were all so sweet. The vet's office sent me a sympathy card and they all signed it. That meant a lot.
    Our vet sent us one, too. It was very sweet. It really does mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I should start getting group rates from my vet. They've "taken care of" 4 cats already and they all cry right along with me whenever I have to have one put to sleep. I love the folks at my vet's office.
    That's how they were at my old vet. When we put Josie to sleep, my vet was bawling her eyes out. I felt bad for her. She really grew to love Josie.

My vet always sends me a card within a week of the event. They're just really thoughtful people.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

They must get attached to the furry friends too,seeing them over and over through the years.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    My vet always sends me a card within a week of the event. They're just really thoughtful people.
    It's very thoughtful and it means a lot to those of us who just lost a little fur kid

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    They must get attached to the furry friends too,seeing them over and over through the years.
    Our vet loved our dog. When Josie was older and making frequent visits to the vet, she would hang out in the back with our vet while she was working. Josie hated being in the cages all day and sometimes I would have to leave her there while I went to work. I always knew she was in good hands.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information