Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Adopting another kitty

Aw Kris I just noticed this thread and the news about Kirby. Hope you are feeling better. So sorry for your loss.
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Aw Kris I just noticed this thread and the news about Kirby. Hope you are feeling better. So sorry for your loss.
    Thanks, CFG It's been a rough week, but it's getting better. My daughter is just starting to really ask about him. She keeps asking to feed him his dinner.

Kris,I know it is early but start thinking. There are far too many homeless cats that need a small girl to feed them. Someone who will erase the pain in their kitty heart. They might be suffering the grief of losing an owner. They are in need of a tiny girl to grow old with. Just keep an open heart and slowly start looking. Much joy is still left to be shared.
    KrisNine, dexter7, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Kris,I know it is early but start thinking. There are far too many homeless cats that need a small girl to feed them. Someone who will erase the pain in their kitty heart. They might be suffering the grief of losing an owner. They are in need of a tiny girl to grow old with. Just keep an open heart and slowly start looking. Much joy is still left to be shared.
    I'm thinking about it. I've never been one to wait, because I don't look at it as replacing my Kirby. I look at it as getting a new buddy to love. It's going to take a while to convince my SO. I'll get the girl working on it
    McJag, MmeVertigina and dexter7 like this.

Bronze Member

I am very sorry to hear about Kirby rip sweet kitty
    KrisNine and ConstanceSpry like this.

Welcome,Tex and I am glad to see you are kind and understanding.
    KrisNine and ConstanceSpry like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Tex-ass View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about Kirby rip sweet kitty
    Thank you, Tex. And welcome to the board You're very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Welcome,Tex and I am glad to see you are kind and understanding.
    I agree

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Kris everything you have said is reverberating within me. We were blessed to squeeze an extra two weeks with our Minsy before it was time to say goodbye and let her move on from the cancer and it still wasn't enough for me. A whole other lifetime couldn't have been enough for me as she really was my soul cat. Then with Min's BFF Pol dying in her sleep just two weeks later, well that just wiped me out. I secretly swore to myself that my cat with the Bloke and my three old girls with my BFF were it and that I wouldn't be going down the Crazy Cat Lady road any more but then Misty and Pandora needed a new Forever Home and somehow they helped to heal the pain I hadn't realised I was still carrying.

Break Mr Kris's resistance down gradually and do Kirby the honour of showing that his impact on your life was so deep, so special that you can no longer imagine life without a cat to carry on his loving legacy.

PS I hope you don't mind but I totally baww hawwed with laughter at his little moobs in the shaved picture! He was such a handsome old fella!
    KrisNine likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Kris everything you have said is reverberating within me. We were blessed to squeeze an extra two weeks with our Minsy before it was time to say goodbye and let her move on from the cancer and it still wasn't enough for me. A whole other lifetime couldn't have been enough for me as she really was my soul cat. Then with Min's BFF Pol dying in her sleep just two weeks later, well that just wiped me out. I secretly swore to myself that my cat with the Bloke and my three old girls with my BFF were it and that I wouldn't be going down the Crazy Cat Lady road any more but then Misty and Pandora needed a new Forever Home and somehow they helped to heal the pain I hadn't realised I was still carrying.

Break Mr Kris's resistance down gradually and do Kirby the honour of showing that his impact on your life was so deep, so special that you can no longer imagine life without a cat to carry on his loving legacy.

PS I hope you don't mind but I totally baww hawwed with laughter at his little moobs in the shaved picture! He was such a handsome old fella!
    I remember when you lost your kitty, Minsy. It was such a hard loss for you. To lose another two weeks later is terrible. We lost our kitty Moose on Xmas eve of '09 and then my dear dog Josie three weeks later. I didn't think I would get over it. It was too much. Of course, you do. We still had Kirby, so I was able to transfer all the kitty love to him. A month after Josie died, we adopted Toby. I had to get the big goon to fill that huge space in my heart. He's done a pretty good job

I think the kid will break him down before I do. She asks for a kitty every time we pass the rescues in Petsmart.

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of his moobs. He also had some hanging belly fat that you can't see in that pic. He was a handsome fella
    Kittylady likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Of course you could always go down the same route as I took when we got Polo. We were asked if we could take her, Bestie said we'd think about it and then came to meet me from work to tell me that he thought it would be for the best if we turned her down. I gave him The Look and handed him a bag containing a new litter tray, flea collar, kitten food and a selection of toys and said that if he really felt that way then he could fuck off and take everything back to the store himself. After that the rest is history; she and Minimogg became thick as thieves and we later took in Tabitha and Holly (who are both still with us).
    KrisNine likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

We're planning a relatively big move and will probably wait until we move to get the kitty. Which would be good, that way the kitty won't have to adjust to another new home a couple months after moving into this one. Especially since the rescue kitties have been bounced around a bit. We're really thinking about maybe doing an older kitty. My heart just breaks for them because they had a home and for whatever reason, they were dumped. Of course, a kitten or two would be a blast. I miss having a kitten. I haven't had a kitten in 20 years

Yesterday, I cried because his litter box was still sitting in our laundry room (empty, of course). I had to ask my SO to take it out to the garage. It made me cry just looking at it. I miss him a lot.

Older wiser Kitty would be so happy!
    KrisNine likes this.

^^Plus, older wiser kitty won't be such a spazz with the claws. I was playing with a five month old kitten last week and my hands were scratched to hell. Last thing I need with a three year old and poor Toby. The kidlet is great with animals. Soft pets, not heavy-handed at all. But, kittens are kittens and crazy by nature.
    McJag and Brookie like this.

So great of you to want to take an older cat! Kittens are adorable but, like you wrote, they are crazy. About the only way we'd take a kitten again is if a needy one showed up.
    KrisNine likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    So great of you to want to take an older cat! Kittens are adorable but, like you wrote, they are crazy. About the only way we'd take a kitten again is if a needy one showed up.
    I would even consider a bonded pair of cats. I do love a kitten and I know they desperately need homes, too. Maybe a kitten and an older kitty

I got the call this morning that my boy was back and ready for me to pick him up. I know it's just his ashes, but I felt so much better after I picked him up and brought him home. He's sitting by one of his favorite plants
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.

Thread Information