Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Adopting another kitty

Awww Kris. You have me peeling onions here. You guys gave him such a good life. Big hugs.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thanks, gas chick! We did give him a pretty good life.

I can't help but think I failed him somehow. I hate that feeling.

I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I've felt like that about each of the cats I've lost. I know I did everything I could for them, but it never feels like it was enough.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Thank you, albatross.

I don't know why we feel like this, but it seems like all of us do.

You gave him a better life than he would have had elsewhere, it was very apparent by your posts here. It is natural to feel guilt after loss, we all second guess, but you did everything in your power to give him a very comfortable life.
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    You gave him a better life than he would have had elsewhere, it was very apparent by your posts here. It is natural to feel guilt after loss, we all second guess, but you did everything in your power to give him a very comfortable life.

Thanks so much. That is a very kind thing to say

Today is the day that I keep wishing I could turn back time and rush to the vet and bring him home. I just want him here. Even though I know he was not going to recover, I still wish I could have him for one more night.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

No,Kris. You loved him too much to allow him to suffer one more night. Given that choice you would still have done the same thing. He trusted you and you paid him back the only way you could. I know this hurts so much,but his time was over. You had to be his loving keeper and you did. Hugs.
    KrisNine and MmeVertigina like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So sorry Kris. You did the right thing by the little bloke throughout his life and at the end. Hugs for you and your family XXX
    KrisNine likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No,Kris. You loved him too much to allow him to suffer one more night. Given that choice you would still have done the same thing. He trusted you and you paid him back the only way you could. I know this hurts so much,but his time was over. You had to be his loving keeper and you did. Hugs.
    I know, you're right. I just miss him so much. This is the first time, since I was 17 that I haven't had a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    So sorry Kris. You did the right thing by the little bloke throughout his life and at the end. Hugs for you and your family XXX
    Thanks, faithanne I'm really missing his little orange pumpkin head tonight. He used to curl up behind my head while I was watching tv and purr. He would also knead his little paws in my head and fall asleep. Ahhh. Sweet memories.
    faithanne and twitchy2.0 like this.

I know exactly what you are saying Kris. When my Scully died I just kept thinking why didn't I notice things sooner and maybe they could have done something. I do know she was loved though just like your furbaby.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

So sorry to hear this, Kris. No matter how many, losing them just never gets any easier, does it? But he had a long good life, loved his people and his people loved him. That's pretty much the best life ever.
    KrisNine likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I know exactly what you are saying Kris. When my Scully died I just kept thinking why didn't I notice things sooner and maybe they could have done something. I do know she was loved though just like your furbaby.
    I'm guessing that this guilty feeling must be a normal part of the grief process. It seems so many of us go through it. Losing a pet is so hard because for most of us, they're our first babies. The love we have is so pure and honest.

I hope Scully is meeting up with Kirb and showing him around. He's a bit of an airhead

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So sorry to hear this, Kris. No matter how many, losing them just never gets any easier, does it? But he had a long good life, loved his people and his people loved him. That's pretty much the best life ever.
    Thanks, Trixie. It really doesn't get easier. I remember my old vet telling me that cats and dogs enjoy this life, not off worrying about other things, they live for the moment. He felt loved and cared for and never knew anything else. Still, I miss him.
    gas_chick and MmeVertigina like this.

Yeah, guilt is one of the phases of grief - what else could I have done? Why didn't I notice this sooner? I'm a bad person, la la la la. None of it is true - pets don't live as long as we do and they get sick sometimes and they can't get better. You did right by him. (I've been thru this a few times.)
    KrisNine likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Yeah, guilt is one of the phases of grief - what else could I have done? Why didn't I notice this sooner? I'm a bad person, la la la la. None of it is true - pets don't live as long as we do and they get sick sometimes and they can't get better. You did right by him. (I've been thru this a few times.)
    I've been through it way too many times. I'm amazed that I continue to have pets because it's so heartbreaking. We just have Toby the dingbat and even he seems to be sad. He's clinging to me like crazy and following me all around.

I'm sorry for your lost. It's always hard.
    KrisNine likes this.

Thread Information