Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think my dog's sick

Default I think my dog's sick

I don't know how long it's been going on, exactly. But all I know is my dog's been pretty sick, the last couple of days. No one really knows what the deal is, but yesterday, before he started getting sick, he was shaking, and his tail was between his legs. He's been puking, and having diarrhea in the house, and it's just pure, shitty liquid. I know that's really disgusting, but I'm trying to give people an idea. An unwanted idea, but still an idea.

Today, he pissed, puked and shit in mom's boyfriend's room, and he's absolutely refusing to clean it up, yet again, but now the dog's stuck out in the backyard, because mom nor him want him in the house incase he does it again.

He's around 10 years old. Is he gonna be ok? I don't know if we can afford to take him to the doctors, or not.

you need a vet to diagnose him.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He needs a vet. Sounds like he's suffering and he's probably dehydrated at the very least from losing all that fluid.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Today, he pissed, puked and shit in mom's boyfriend's room, and he's absolutely refusing to clean it up
    Dogs can't really be expected to do that.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

No no no no, I mean my mom's boyfriend is refusing to clean it up.

Vet. Quick.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Could be a parasite called Giardia. My dog had it and had massive diarrhea. It was pure liquid. She had to get on medication. Find a vet that is low cost. In the mean time, try getting your pup to eat some pumpkin and rice. Seriously, canned pumpkin, the plain kind (not the pie filling)...just pure canned pumpkin with some boiled white rice. This may help with the loose stool until you can get him to the vet.

Please take him to the vet ASAP. I agree with feeding him rice and also make sure that he has plenty of water available.

I just texted mom and her bf what you guys are saying. I'll see what they say. Thanks, you guys *hug*

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Poor doggy! Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Could be a parasite called Giardia. My dog had it and had massive diarrhea. It was pure liquid. She had to get on medication. Find a vet that is low cost. In the mean time, try getting your pup to eat some pumpkin and rice. Seriously, canned pumpkin, the plain kind (not the pie filling)...just pure canned pumpkin with some boiled white rice. This may help with the loose stool until you can get him to the vet.

great advice there. also, sometimes dogs get viruses, and get over it, but it can also be something much more serious. either way, you won't know until a vet looks at him. the dog could get dehydrated very quickly! keep us posted!
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

I talked to mom about it, and I honestly don't know if she's gonna go through with it, anytime soon, because she made it clear that she wasn't gonna pay $80 for a vet bill... because she just paid $20 to get the cat fixed... But since her bf has a preference toward the dog, he might try to do something.

I really hope it isn't anything. Bf thinks the dog's actually allergic to the cats, because now he won't stop scratching and biting himself.

I just hope something can get figured out. I love my little Murr.

Go to a vet, why did your mum get a dog if she can't be bothered to look after him properly by taking him to the vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Go to a vet, why did your mum get a dog if she can't be bothered to look after him properly by taking him to the vet?
    Yeah, seriously, WTF??????

Nicole, call around to animal shelters and tell them the situation, ask them if they know of any low cost or free vets.

We have a charity called the PDSA here which can help people who can't afford vet bills, you must have something similar in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

We've actually had Murray since summer 2003... The cats have been coming around since summer 2007... and yet somehow, the cats automatically get to be treated like they all live in the house, when really, the only true pet is the dog. Mom's very narrow minded like that. Cats get all the benefits, while the dog gets treated like a second class citizen, goes without, or just gets ignored. She only really got him because she saw the little chihuahua in Legally Blonde, and wanted one like it.

I love my little man. I'm gonna save some money and pay for it myself, if no one else will. I'm not losing another dog for no reason. I've been making sure he gets his water. As for what you guys have in England, I have no idea if we have that here.

Oh yeah, and if anyone's curious, here he is:

It's almost a couple years old, the picture, but he pretty much looks the same, now. x3

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information