Thread: Australian koala Sam now has agent, possible book and movie deals

Default Australian koala Sam now has agent, possible book and movie deals

Sam, the koala rescued from certain death during the brutal wildfires in Australia last month, now has an agent and possible deals for a book and a movie.
    TressCox Lawyers, the Australia-based legal firm handling inquiries, said that it was fielding offers from media outlets around the world and that film and book rights were part of the negotiations.
    Sam become known worldwide because of a photograph, shown above, of her accepting a water bottle from firefighter David Tree, who first noticed the injured animal.
    All profits made through Sam's media appearances will go to the Southern Ash Wildlife Shelter, which is caring for the koala that suffered second- and third-degree burns.
    The marsupial also now has a website devoted to her, http://www.samthekoala.com.au/, where her rehabilitation progress can be followed and shelter donations can be made.
    No word yet if a line of toys is in the works.

Australian koala now has agent, possible book and movie deals | Outposts | Los Angeles Times

and her agents won't let Dave Tree see her again I heard?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Wonder why? He saved her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That's stupid...he saved her!!!

Speak to my agent… how much fame can a koala bear?

8/03/2009 1:10:00 PM.

Sam the koala, who survived the Victorian bushfires, has become so famous she now has an agent to handle her media requests.

A photo of Sam taking water from her rescuer, firefighter David Tree, touched hearts worldwide.

News Ltd reports TressCox lawyers are handling fundraising for the Southern Ash Wildlife Centre where Sam is being taken care of.
    Mr Tree has also hired an agent to manage his upcoming appearances on German and American talk shows.

But TressCox who are working pro bono have expressed concern about Mr Tree’s intentions.

"We are just trying to raise money for the shelter and I am just not sure that those things are aligned with him [Mr Tree]," Sam's spokeswoman Peta Alcorn told News Ltd.

"I think David Tree has taken another position. He is taking another track with his profiling and whatever he's doing."

Mr Tree is said to have been shocked by TressCox’s decision to decline requests for reunion photos of he and Sam.
    Speak to my agent… how much fame can a koala bear? > National > LIVENEWS.com.au

"whatever he's doing" being speaking about animals and raising funds for wildlife conservation and rescue.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

Oh please!
    I thought it was cute, but some people have said why would you stop to save a koala give him water and treat him if you know there could be people ahead dying?

And I don't buy the whole we're just trying to give money to the shelter crap if there's movie or book deals involved.

Thread Information