Scott and Travis have been training hard ahead of their fifth charity trek

A blind man and his dog who are preparing for an eight day charity trek have visited the Scottish Parliament to raise awareness for their cause.
Scott Cunningham, from Larkhall, and his guide dog, Travis, will walk the West Highland Way from North to South in April.
It will be their fifth long distance challenge to date.
The pair have raised more than 60,000 and have helped fund training for nine new guide dog puppies.
Travis became the first guide dog to complete all 95 miles of the West Highland in 2003.
Since then he and owner Scott, who lost his sight in 1993, have taken on the Southern Upland Way, the Speyside Way and the Pennine Way to raise funds for Guide Dogs.
In a twist to the usual West Highland Way, which is normally walked from South to North, the duo will be the first blind man and guide dog to attempt the route from North to South.
He is a shining example of how blindness needn't prevent people from achieving their goals.

Gillian Moffitt
Guide Dogs

In addition, rather than finishing in Milngavie, the route's regular starting point, Scott, a keen Rangers fan, and Travis, will continue to Ibrox in time for the club's match against Motherwell on 11 April.
They will be joined on their trek by several former Rangers players and two Royal Marines.
Scott said: "Travis and I have been thrilled by the support our cause has gathered in the build up to the latest adventure and this visit to the parliament will hopefully help raise even more awareness.
"While the main thrust of these treks has been to raise money for the Guide Dogs, I hope that I am also able to inspire other people to embrace challenges, big or small and experience the same sense of motivation and reward that I have gained from my expeditions.
Scott and Travis were invited along to Holyrood by Clydesdale MSP Karen Gillon.
Travis became the first guide dog to complete the route in 2003

She said: "When I first heard about Scott and Travis, I was immediately impressed by the scale and ambition of their task and I was extremely keen to help them in any way that I could.
"The manner in which they have gone about raising money for Guide Dogs by trekking extremely challenging routes is truly inspirational.
Gillian Moffitt, fundraising manager for Guide Dogs said: "I have known Scott for some time and his appetite for adventure never ceases to amaze me. He is a shining example of how blindness needn't prevent people from achieving their goals. "Training guide dogs is a hugely expensive undertaking. The money that he and Travis have raised together has helped us to train future guide dogs which will provide vital assistance and companionship to blind people in the years to come."

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Fifth trek for blind man and dog