Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Man takes dip with a giant lioness

Default Man takes dip with a giant lioness

When Kevin Richardson decided to cool off in the sweltering South African heat he was joined by an unlikely swimming partner - a giant lioness.
    But before you fear a bloody ending, don't... because these two are good friends.
    Zoologist and animal behaviourist Kevin, 34, raises and interacts with some of the most dangerous animals known to man.
    Enlarge
    He who dares swims: Kevin Richardson with Meg the lion in the Crocodile River just south of the Magaliesburg mountains, near Johannesburg, South Africa

With his unusual methods, Kevin has developed some exceptionally personal bonds with his students, playing, sleeping and even swimming with animals.
    Taking a well-deserved break in the Crocodile River, just south of the Magaliesburg mountains, Kevin was joined by Meg the lioness.
    Weighing a staggering 185 kg this boisterous tawny lioness playfully splashed around with the veteran of the wild..
    'We went swimming purely for Meg's enrichment,' Kevin said.
    'That's one of the reasons I believe my animals are so relaxed. They live very enriched lives.
    'Those who like it go for swims, others go for walks in the greater area and others just prefer to go and chill under a tree in the middle of the park.'

Learning lion paddle: Animal behaviourist Kevin says he has a unique bond with the wild animals that share his South Africa home

Enlarge
    Despite her formidable size and strength, Kevin claims he is completely safe in Meg's company

Meg, seven, and her sister Amy, live in The Kingdom Of The White Lion, near Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Lions, hyenas and leopards reside in the 650-hectare area not too far from the banks of the river.
    The Kingdom Of The White Lion help to fund predator research in Botswana and are actively involved in creating awareness around the globe.
    Kevin, who has been involved in countless documentaries and has just finished working on a new film about white lions, works to create awareness and being active in lion conservation.
    With lion numbers in the wild dropping from around 350,000 animals to 25-30,000 animals over a period of 15 years, the statistics paint a grim picture.

Enlarge
    Kevin says Meg is like an 'excited dog going for a ride in a car' when she goes swimming

However Kevin's unusual work with these magnificent animals has captured the imagination.
    'People are always amazed that she doesn't rip me to pieces with her claws,' Kevin said.
    'I assure you every now and again I get a claw going into me. It's unintentional and just reconfirms to me how gentle and in control she tries to be.
    'She gets like an excited dog going for a ride in a car. She takes no coaxing to get her to swim.
    'You get in and start swimming and the next thing you know there's a full grown lioness beside you doing doggy....umm I mean.... lion paddle towards you.'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdi9n_U37Y&eurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1161393/Who-dares-swims-Man-takes-dip-giant-lioness.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Who dares swims: Man takes dip with a giant lioness | Mail Online

It's cool he gets to hang out with these animals. I fear his life will end in carnage, but I'm sure he knows the risks.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Looks like a fun time.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

smf

i cant believe how big she is their not that size at the zoo

The 2nd picture is too cute. It looks like she's copying his facial expressions.

I love it. I want to hug her.

yeah, it's fun till a gay illusionist gets dragged off the stage. Then it's hilarious.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

When I see this, I always think of the Grizzly Man Diaries....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^ That's exactly what was on my mind, too.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Didn't he also raise hyena cubs or something like that? If it's the same guy,
    he's quite short.
    It's a dream to be so close to such gorgeous wild animals like tigers and lions,
    but they only have to forget themselves once and you're mince meat.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Same guy. He's just hanging out, leaning against them like pillow. They love Kevin so much. And the size of those paws. Towards the end there's so much hugging, kissing and cuddling.

Bluebonnet and Lalasnake like this.

He has a good life. Maybe not long,but good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

They are so beautiful! Big over-grown kitty cats. They can totally kill you but they are still beautiful!
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

That is amazing. He is one lucky guy to be able to mix with them. Hope his luck holds out.

Oh, this isn't a Khloe K thread...so sorry.
    Rusalka likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

When I saw this thread was from 2009 I thought the update was about his lioness girlfriend ripping him to shreds. Glad it's not!
    sputnik likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information