Thread: The giant dog that's become a big hit on London's underground

Default The giant dog that's become a big hit on London's underground

A canine commuter has become a minor celebrity on the London Underground thanks to his giant frame.
    Rufus the Pyrenean mountain dog travels on the capital's transport network with his owner Michael Stavrides and has won the hearts of fellow commuters.
    Stavrides, 50, takes the tube journey from Pinner to Baker Street daily with his oversized pal and says that the reaction to the five-year-old dog has been overwhelmingly positive.

Enlarge
    Canine commuter: Rufus the Pyrenean mountain dog on the tube
    with his owner Michael Stavrides

'It's amazing the reaction of people as I take Rufus on the train.
    'Although he does tend to slump across the carriage floor people absolutely love him,' says Michael, who owns the Fine Art Gallery in Marylebone.
    'People actually tell me they get on the train that isn't their train just to go to the next stop with him.
    'They tell me it makes their day, particularly as we're going through a credit crunch.'
    Michael also says famous fans including Matt Lucas, Barbara Windsor and Dale Winton have all stopped to pat Rufus.
    'I've even had people park their cars just to get out to say hello and take a picture with him.'
    But some grumpy travellers aren't so happy to share carriage space with the friendly pooch.
    A lively debate started in a London paper when someone calling themselves NOTDOGLOVER texted in to ask if anyone had seen "pony-like" Rufus and stated that they objected to his poochy presence on the rush hour commute.

Next stop Barking: The giant dog that's become a hit on London's underground | Mail Online

I puffy-pink heart Rufus!!! So cute!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

What a big old lovable hunk of dog.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Oh,who could not cheer right up just seeing that face! What a lambkin!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

He is a cutie pie. I love big dogs, the bigger the better. I've never heard a bad thing about the huge dog breeds, temperament-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    He is a cutie pie. I love big dogs, the bigger the better. I've never heard a bad thing about the huge dog breeds, temperament-wise.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQk1_7Yzm94&[/YOUTUBE]
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ You know, my mom let me watch that stupid movie when I was like 8 or so, scared the shit out of me. I spent most of the movie peeking between my fingers...lol.

are dogs (other than guide dogs) allowed on public transport?? He is adorable but still i think i would be annoyed at having him on the train during peak hour.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I betcha you'd have to take a shovel with you when he goes out for a shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    are dogs (other than guide dogs) allowed on public transport?? He is adorable but still i think i would be annoyed at having him on the train during peak hour.
    I agree with this. It's rush hour, meaning limited space. The dog didn't pay for a ticket - and it annoys me that the man couldn't go in early, or go later.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I betcha you'd have to take a shovel with you when he goes out for a shit!

I have a Great Pyrenees too, its really not that bad. Hey my girl is 5, maybe she should hook up with Rufus.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Washington, DC's public transit system does not permit animals of any kind on the metro except guide dogs.

Aww he's gorgeous! I love love love this breed, I wish my house and garden was big enough to have one, they're so beautiful. They have such great temperaments too, really nice doggies. Awww!!!!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thread Information