Thread: Michael Vick is back in the news

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Michael Vick is back in the news

Mom of Michael Vick's Kids Starts Web Site to Rally Supporters

Posted Mar 2nd 2009 6:45 AM by Michael David Smith (RSS feed)
    Filed Under: Falcons

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick is likely to be released from prison within the next few months, and once he's out, he'll try to convince the NFL to welcome him back. In order to convince the league that he deserves another chance, Vick will need to convince the general public that he deserves another chance, and the web site iSupport7.com is part of that effort.

Here's the opening message at iSupport7.com:
    Many of you know Michael Vick as being one of the most prolific athletes of our time. He has dazzled millions with his play making ability, speed, agility, and commitment to his team and the game of football as a whole. Mike is a loving father who is deeply committed to the happiness and well-being of his family and children.
    What the site doesn't tell you -- but what Pro Football Talk is reporting -- is that the site is actually run by a woman who has two children with Vick. So she has first-hand knowledge of Vick being a loving father.

She also, however, has an inability to put the blame where it really belongs. Here's the next part of the message to readers of iSupport7.com:
    He is not the animal hating monster that the media tried to portray him as throughout his trial and harsh imprisonment.
    To blame "the media" for portraying Vick as an "animal hating monster" shows a stunning lack of understanding of why Vick is in this mess. All "the media" have done is report the simple facts that Vick himself has confessed to: Vick spent years of his life running a dog fighting ring and killing dogs for his own amusement.

If Vick and the mother of his children want to continue blaming "the media" for the fact that people think he's an "animal hating monster," that's their right. Just as it's NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's right to view Vick's inability to take responsibility as a clear sign that he's not ready to be reinstated to the NFL.

_______

and Michael Vicks renamed fighting dog Georgia who had all her teeth pulled out said "go to hell Michael Vick"
    One day he will return to play pro football but I'll never forget what he did to those dogs and the fact he lied about it.

I thought he was set to be released already.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

He's a piece of shit, but he'll be back.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I thought he was set to be released already.
    didn't he get out of one jail then go into another?

His family is not protesting his jail time out of any love for the man, they are a greedy bunch who hang on his coat tails so he will support them. I'm serious he was supporting family, cousins, friends, kids, girl friends (he's got a case against him now for knowingly spreading herpes)

I know I live in lala land but it would be nice if Vick was given some education in jail. He is very talented but can't get past the thug mentality. What he did was barbaric but instead of his family wanting to educate him they want to say it was everyones fault but Michael.

To blame "the media" for portraying Vick as an "animal hating monster" shows a stunning lack of understanding of why Vick is in this mess. All "the media" have done is report the simple facts that Vick himself has confessed to: Vick spent years of his life running a dog fighting ring and killing dogs for his own amusement.

Amen.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

one of the most prolific athletes of our time
    Prolific? Whut?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hope he gets killed by crazed dogs

I hope he gets rabies.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    I hope he gets rabies.

dag he's already got herpes and a few friends in jail calling him Babe.

I'm OK with it until I watch Dogtown and look at Georgia and what he did to her. I have to wonder if he got off watching them use the rape stand. I loathe him for that.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, he's a criminal personally I wish he was given more time. I wish they had checked on those sports figures that said what Michael did wasn't wrong. Dog fighting is a huge thing here... even bigger in Mexico.

Anyone who abuses animals is a piece of shit, and he is a bigger piece than many. I hope he eventually gets everything he deserves, so far he hasn't.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I know I live in lala land but it would be nice if Vick was given some education in jail. He is very talented but can't get past the thug mentality. What he did was barbaric but instead of his family wanting to educate him they want to say it was everyone's fault but Michael.
    I agree. His family is a sorry lot that was fine with whatever bad decisions Vick made until their gravy train was gone. Even after filing for bankruptcy, he still spends 30K a month to take care of his mom, brother, 3 kids and their mothers.

As for not getting everything he deserves: he spent time in Leavenworth. His career is in ruins. If a NFL team gives him a chance, he's going to have to hear about his trangressions from fans until he retires. I don't condone Vick's actions in the least, but he's paid dearly for what he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    I don't condone Vick's actions in the least, but he's paid dearly for what he's done.
    That's your opinion, I disagree.

Elite Member

^^^Fair enough. I suppose I'm thinking of all the child molestors and scam artists that steal social security checks who still roam free. At least Vick went to prison for his crimes. But it's a matter of opinion.

Thread Information