Thread: Dog with phobia of men had to be rescued by a woman after falling 80ft down cliff

Default Dog with phobia of men had to be rescued by a woman after falling 80ft down cliff

After tumbling from a cliff path on to a small beach, pet dog Fox was unhurt but trapped.
    However, he was none too friendly to the coastguards winched down 80ft to rescue him - barking, growling and backing away.
    Then, his owner Jane Ravine explained why - the collie-huskie cross has a phobia of men.
    Her 13-year-old pet, named after his love of chasing foxes, fears and has a 'loathing hatred' of males.

Fox the dog with owner Jane Ravine, left, and RSPCA officer Marije Zwager who abseiled down an 80ft cliff to rescue him after he refused help from male coastguards
    Fox, who had already spent one night stuck on the Cornish beach, had to wait a second night while a female rescuer was summoned.
    Marige Zwager, 31, abseiled down and coaxed him over with dog biscuits.
    Fox then jumped into her arms and licked her face before allowing her to put him in a safety bag.
    He was then pulled back up the remote cliff at Sharpnose, near Bude, shaken but unharmed.
    Miss Zwager, a Dutch- born member of the RSPCA's cliff rescue team, said: 'Fox is very nervous of men and wouldn't let a male rescuer near him.

Ms Zwager placed Fox in a rescue bag and scaled up the 80ft cliff-face
    I abseiled down with a colleague and took some dog biscuits to coax him to me. He was cold, scared and hungry but my female charms worked.
    'I've never been called in just because of my gender before but Fox really doesn't like men very much at all.'
    The pet had got into trouble after living up to his name by chasing a fox along a knife- edge path and plunging over the edge.

He was lucky to survive unscathed but the pebble beach was inaccessible on foot and too dangerous to reach by sea.

Likes the ladies: Fox is back, safe and sound

Mrs Ravine, 58, from Morwenstow, said: 'I'm so relieved. It was a horrible ordeal while Fox was down there.
    'He just doesn't like men very much, which isn't normally a problem unless you are stuck down a cliff and men are trying to save your life. In the end, a woman went down. She did a great job and I'm very grateful to everyone involved.
    'He might just have learned his lesson and hopefully will stop chasing things. He is an old dog but has a strong spirit.'
    Falmouth Coastguard said: 'We tried to rescue him but he was aggressive to the coastguards and we had to pass it to the RSPCA.'

The dog with phobia of men who had to be rescued by a woman after falling 80ft down rocky cliff | Mail Online

i knew a dog that was freaked out by black people
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A friend of mine has a dog that is freaked out by anyone wearing black. It chases priests and old ladies. (she lives in a small town and they don't have any goths)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i knew a dog that was freaked out by black people
    My childhood pekingese didn't care for dark people. He also didn't like the color red... but he also would steal liquor out of people cups.
    Last edited by *DIVA!; February 22nd, 2009 at 10:56 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

My dog hates umbrellas....go figure.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My first cat when I was a kid was black and white and would attack any cuddly toys that were black and white. My mum's boyfriend (later my stepdad) gave me a cuddly panda for christmas. The cat took one look at it, launched herself at it and ripped one of its ears off.

How funny and interesting. I wonder if it had been abused by men? I got my dog from the pound, and for months he barked and went mad when he saw someone wearing jeans. I figured he was abused by the previous owner, or very frightened of them.

Fox is adorable. I think it's funny how Fox IS a male though. It's funny too how they say 'Doesn't like men very much' as if it's very normal. I wouldn't think it was.

Fox is cute, he has Yoda ears
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

awwww that is so funny

My daughter's dog hates men. My husband has tried for years to make peace with him, but the dog's not having it.

^Aww I find that so bizarre. Dogs aren't very forgiving now are they

Thread Information