Thread: Dog stops attempted rape in Florida by biting woman's attacker

Thumbs up Dog stops attempted rape in Florida by biting woman's attacker

A Boston terrier stopped a rape attempt by biting a Florida woman's attacker, police said.
    The Broward Sheriff's Office said the 46-year-old woman allowed a man inside her apartment Wednesday after he said he was a repairman.
    Once inside, however, the man attacked her, according to deputies. Her female dog then bit the man on the shoulder, and he fled the apartment.
    The woman was treated at a hospital and released.
    She described her attacker as 40 to 55 years old, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. She said he has wavy brown and gray hair and very white teeth.
    Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at (954) 321-4240 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477).

FOXNews.com - Sheriff: Dog Stops Attempted Rape in Florida by Biting Woman's Attacker - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Josie would bring my attacker her damn ball...or her bowl!!!

That's the thing with labs, they're no good for attacking! Just for being darn cute!

What a good girl the dog in the story was though, very impressive.

Go, Boston terriers!
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

The killer terrier!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Boston terriers are very protective of their owners and have very strong jaws.

We had one for 10 years. When I used to play with him he'd grab his leather bone and I'd pick up the bone and was able to twirl him in circles with him not letting go of the bone.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Awesome story.

In my teens I had a teacher who woke up in the middle of the night to a robber choking her. She fought him off enough to open the adjoining door, and after that her rescue dog (a sheep dog mix) chased him off. I bet the asshole expected a defenceless old lady, and instead got a feisty old lady and a huge, very angry dog.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

What a good girl! I hope the bite gets infected and his arm falls off, followed by his head.

Never ever let anyone into your home, unless you're expecting them! I get solicitors at my door every now and again, I don't answer the door or I shout through the door letting them know I'm not interested. My son also knows that if he opens up the door without knowing who is on the other side that he will be in BIG trouble.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I love the looks of Boston Terriers! heard they are smart, not sure if they are hyper though.

I have a Dauchshund and an Austrail Cattle Dog that bite my husband when we get into it. I cant imagine what would happen if some random person tried to get on me!!

I have a Boston terrier, and Mariesoleil is right, they have very, very strong jaws. There is virtually no dog toy my BT can have, because she rips them apart almost instantly. If someone were hurting me, I am not sure what she'd do; we trained her not to bite a person or another animal. But one thing I appreciate about her is that when someone approaches my house and I don't expect them, she starts barking very loudly and sounds like a bigger dog than a BT. If I do expect the visitor, she's quiet.

My grandfather raised BTs, and I have known three of them well in the last few years. Mine is a little hyper. Of the other two, one was extremely sweet and docile, and the other was more aggressive.

BTs were overbred at one point--I think in the 1930s or so. I love them, but I'm not sure the breed is as consistent as it should be.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Jin13 View Post
    I have a Dauchshund and an Austrail Cattle Dog that bite my husband when we get into it. I cant imagine what would happen if some random person tried to get on me!!
    My mum still can't help but laugh when she remembers the sperm donor's family dog, a german shepherd named Prince. One day, before they were married, he slapped her on the backside when she bent over to pick something up. The dog attached itself to his wrist and SD had to have shots and stitches. She always says that she wishes she could have got the dog in the divorce.

Mind you, it's not just dogs. I have 5 cats and our Alpha Cat, Tessie, absolutely rules the others with a rod of iron, even though she is a tiny thing. One day housemate and I were having a blazing row, which ended suddenly when he was interrupted mid-rant by Tessie attaching herself to his leg, biting and clawing. Bless her, she's a real mummy's girl!

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

This is exactly why I chose a German Shepherd. I live alone and you just never know??

I like Boston's but they're kind of snorty.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    She described her attacker as 40 to 55 years old, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. She said he has wavy brown and gray hair and very white teeth.

FOXNews.com - Sheriff: Dog Stops Attempted Rape in Florida by Biting Woman's Attacker - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    ...she forgot to mention that he was missing a chunk out of his shoulder..........good doggie!.......

Thread Information