Thread: Rat falls for cat and the pair kiss and cuddle on the mat

Default Rat falls for cat and the pair kiss and cuddle on the mat

They always said Tom and Jerry were really friends, well here's the proof.
    The video gives a fly-on-the-wall insight into an unexpectedly intimate relationship between Peanut the rat and its feline housemate.
    You would have thought it would be like playing cat and mouse but cat and rat - in this case at least - is a far friendlier game.

Rat loves cat: In this case at least, the relationship has gone far beyond the typical cat and mouse one

Accompanied by a jolly sound-track, the video shows the clearly besotted rat trailing the cat around the house.
    To begin with, it seems the rat is a bit of a pest.
    At one point, the poor puss leaps up onto the washing basket in a bid to escape the unexpected attention - and Peanut follows.

Peanut the rat paws at Ranj's fur. The owner says Peanut follows Ranj around everywhere

The rat even shuns his faithful cousin to pursue his usual foe.
    But the cat and mouse chase doesn't last long and persistent Peanut slowly wins over its feline friend.
    Ranj sprawls out on the mat with his new-found friend climbing all over him.
    The victorious rat claws the cat's neck in a playful embrace, licks him and appears to give him a kiss.

Content: The unlikely couple cuddle playfully as Peanut shuns his closer kin for what is usually a predator

The owner wrote about the relationship on the host website: 'Rat loves cat... cat tolerates rat.
    'A really cute interspecies relationship My rat, Peanut, follows Ranj around everywhere! She gives him kisses and hugs.'
    It's certainly an unexpected union, but it's not the first time animals bonded across the species divide.
    And while this pair were clearly brought together in the same home, similar matches have been noted in the wild.

Unlikely bond: Themba the elephant and Albert the sheep

Often, it happens after a young animal who has been weaned becomes attached to an older animal.
    Themba the elephant, pictured above, became attached to Albert the sheep after he became orphaned at just 6 months of age.
    In other cases, different species connect after the loss of a mate.
    'It's amazing what animals do when they want to bond and be close to each other,' Mark Bekoff, a professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Colorado, told Animal Welfare Institute Quarterly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ikm3o5hDks&eurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1118608/VIDEO-Rat-falls-cat-pair-kiss-cuddle-mat.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

VIDEO: Rat falls for cat and the pair kiss and cuddle on the mat | Mail Online

You stupid cat, don't play with your food!!!

I think it's cute! I had a kitten and a bunny who were good buds.

Petunia Pearl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I had a rat who terrorised my cat. She was shit-scared of him. Mind you, he grew to quite a good size, as he used to get catfood to suppliment in grain and veggies diet, so I don't blame her!

I also had a mouse and a gerbil who lived together. The mouse escaped from it's cage one day and found it's way into the gerbil's tank. I panicked when I noticed its tail sticking out from the gerbil's bedding and thought that I'd be having to move whatever mess was left. I pulled back the bedding with shaking hands, bracing myself for a gruesome sight and saw.... two sets of blinking, sleepy eyes, one of them yawned, and then they cuddled back up together. I did try separating them again, but they stopped eating properly and looked miserable, so I gave up, gave away both their old homes and bought a bigger tank for the pair of them to share. They actually lived like that for about 4 years which, seeing as though mice and gerbils usually have a short lifespan, makes me believe that the happiness they got from being together kept them going for longer.

EDIT TO ADD: Years ago I saw a TV programme about nature versus nurture where a baby squirrel had been found after falling out of its dray and was put with a nursing cat and her kittens rather than being hand fed. The mother cat accepted this new, strange "kitten" and the squirrel grew up with the kittens quite happily. It was hilarious watching it stalk and pounce on the other kittens as they played their typical kittenish games together!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Yeah, cute picture but let's see if that rat goes to sleep. Bet he won't.

Florida Evans:"James, the Good Book says that they day will come when the lion will lay down with the lamb."

James Evans: "Yeah, baby, but only the lion is gonna get back up!"

--Good Times, 1977.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Member

That cat is just biding his time before Rat Friend becomes dinner. Smart kitty, making the rat meat tender for juicier eating!

Haha, that's cute.

Adorable!!!!

aww thats cute... my dog and rat sort of do that except my dog is too boisterous. So i stopped their little meetings. Blossom (rat) used to tease Jack (dog) by hiding under the coffee table. Jack sits beside the coffee table waiting for her to come out, she sneaks around other side and tugs on his tail and disappears when he turned around. so funny to watch.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

^^^ too cute! would love to see some pics of your rat and dog!

Petunia Pearl

Thread Information