Thread: Poodle survives 19 days without food or water in cold temperatures

Default Poodle survives 19 days without food or water in cold temperatures

People are calling a little dog's survival amazing, after the little poodle was left in a van at the Burlington International airport for two weeks.
    "He had barely just enough energy to lift his head up to greet me and acknowledge I was there," Animal Control Officer Jodi Harvey said.
    Harvey said she pulled 12-year old Michou from the van at the airport, where he was left without food or water, in freezing weather. Harvey said she could barely breathe because of the smell from 19 days worth of urine and feces.
    "How can you just forget about him, it's hard to believe," Pet Owner Dennis Desimon said.
    Police said Michou's owner Pascal Bellon from Frelighsburg, Quebec didn't mean to leave his dog in the van.
    "We have absolutely no indication that Mr. Bellon intended to leave the animal or even knew that the animal was in the vehicle," Lt. Jennifer Morrison of the Burlington Police Department said.
    Some dog lovers in Burlington don't understand how this could happen.
    "What they did was inhumane," Pet Owner Pike Porter said.
    Bellon faces a $100 fine, and has given up custody of the poodle. Mischou is staying with a foster family right now. It hasn't been decided yet whether or not he will be up for adoption.

Fox 44 - Burlington and Plattsburgh News, Weather and Sports - Fox44.net | Poodle Survives 19 Days Without Food Or Water In Cold Temperatures

I cannot even describe what I want to do to this piece of shit owner. For 19 days he had no idea where the dog was, what was happening to it? He should never be allowed to have another pet, ever!
    I can't believe the poor baby survived!

I can't explain it either, Yanna. I agree, he should be stripped of any rights to ever own another animal or to father a child.

I am so happy he survived, even if he is the ugliest breed of dog out there.

Poor little darling. His owner should be horse whipped.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is all over the news up here at the Quebec/Vermont border. The dog is doing really great now and people all over the state are sending money for his care and to the shelter he was in. Lots of people want to adopt him. The ass that left him lives not that far from me. I don't know him, nor do I care to. I imagine the ppl in his town are giving him the cold shoulder. Maybe he should be left in his van for 19 days to see what it's like.
    BTW: The weather up here has been around -4 F during the day. That dog is really lucky.

How the hell did he explain this?? How could he not know the dog was in the car? What an utter asshole!!

It just doesn't make sense that someone would knowingly leave a dog in their van for 19 days. Even if they didn't care about the dog, wouldn't they care that their vehicle would be ruined by urine and feces...and decomposition odors if the dog died?

I'm wondering if the dog jumped in the van and the guy didn't know it. Or he was going to drop it off somewhere and forgot. Like that lady that left her baby in her car all day after forgetting to drop her off at daycare. Seems unbelievable but it happened.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

100 dollar fine? jesus, thats a joke. he should spend 19 days locked up in a Van
    Last edited by msdeb; January 16th, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's an elderly dog at 12 years old too!

Send him to live with a nice family in the tropics where it never gets cold.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    It just doesn't make sense that someone would knowingly leave a dog in their van for 19 days. Even if they didn't care about the dog, wouldn't they care that their vehicle would be ruined by urine and feces...and decomposition odors if the dog died?

I'm wondering if the dog jumped in the van and the guy didn't know it. Or he was going to drop it off somewhere and forgot. Like that lady that left her baby in her car all day after forgetting to drop her off at daycare. Seems unbelievable but it happened.
    Good points, Trixiebelle. I'm not a big animal lover but I sure wouldn't knowingly leave a pet in my car for nearly 3 weeks. It seems hard to believe that the owner wouldn't know about the dog's presence, but stranger things have happened.

OMG I wish I could get my hands on that loser! poor little doggy. I hope he gets a wonderful home and is very loved!

Petunia Pearl

At some point, did this moron not think...."hmmm, I wonder if I left the dog in the car?"

I hope his asshole grows shut!

emk
    Bronze Member

I have two male toy poodles, aged 11 and 12 and I just love them to death.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    At some point, did this moron not think...."hmmm, I wonder if I left the dog in the car?"

I hope his asshole grows shut!
    I know!!! I don't understand how he couldn't have remembered or noticed.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Thread Information