Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Pedi Paws work?

Question Does Pedi Paws work?

I want to get this for my cats since I do not declaw. Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet and if it is worth my time and money.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

I got it for my dog. He doesn't mind getting his nails cut, so I didn't think it would be a problem. It made him mean and try to bite me. I guess he was really freaked out by it. I don't know how cats would respond

Apparently, there is a "pro" version that doesn't make as much noise. The little doggie boutique near my house sells it.

I've heard the more economical version works well for cats, because their nails are not as thick as a dogs.

I clip the tips of my cats nails with a nail clipper. A human nail clipper. I just get the little point off of them.

Yea, they tested these products on a news show (I think it was) here where I live. They both worked (more or less), but the expensive brand...which I can't recall at the moment, and I've not seen in any stores I have been to since...worked way better than the PediPaws. It was the same basic product though.

On the show I watched, they determined the PediPaws might be sufficient for cats and very small dogs. But not as good (as the more expensive brand) for medium to large dogs, or even small dogs with thick nails.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Wouldn't be good for my labs then

Well I think I will just try it since my cats are very rude when the clippers come out.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Aw, I think pets hate having their nails cut

^ Hahaha, I have to tackle my beagle and practically lay on top of him to cut them...

I really wanted to try out the PediPaws...my friend who works at Petsmart says they're popular and no one has yet to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Incase anyone is wondering what pedi paws is...

I am tempted to try this also. my Pug HATES having her nails trimmed, so I've been taking her to the salon every month. I admit I am scared to try it because I can't stand to see Petunia freaked out! We tried to clip her nails once and she was so afraid, she stood up and put her front legs around my neck and cried!

Petunia Pearl

SVZ

If you don't want to pay too much, you can just buy a dremel...apparently they sell shield attachments, so it's just like the pedi paw

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I am tempted to try this also. my Pug HATES having her nails trimmed, so I've been taking her to the salon every month. I admit I am scared to try it because I can't stand to see Petunia freaked out! We tried to clip her nails once and she was so afraid, she stood up and put her front legs around my neck and cried!
    Aww - poor baby. I can just picture this. I feel so guilty when I try to cut my pets' claws. I feel like I am torturing them.

I have to get my dogs done at the pet groomer or vet. They hate it and I am worse. But if you hear clacking nails on tile foors they are too long & can lead to little sores at the top of the nail bed. I keep mine's short.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm so lucky, mine just lays down and puts her paws in my lap. Easy... however, now that she's hit 90 lbs the bathing is a bit tricky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Aww - poor baby. I can just picture this. I feel so guilty when I try to cut my pets' claws. I feel like I am torturing them.
    Petunia is quite a little drama queen! She hates baths, too, but does stay still and behave. I should be ashamed of laughing about this: when I tell her she is getting a bath, her ears go down and her tail uncurls and she mopes around and whines!
    As far as my cats, I don't have to clip their nails, they play outside and dull their nails on trees and I have a nice scratching post inside and they love it!

Petunia Pearl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information