Paws for breath: A firefighter uses breathing apparatus usually given to babies to revive one of the cats that suffered smoke inhalation in the blaze
Firefighters used baby oxygen masks to revive six pet cats after the moggies were overcome by smoke when a blaze ripped through a house.
The crews used breathing apparatus adaptors usually reserved for babies to revive the animals who were found lying unconscious in the smoke-logged building.
A seventh cat died in the fire which started in the kitchen of the house.
A spokesman for Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service said that crews battled their way into the smoke-filled room to recover the animals.
'We were told about the cats and ran around the house in the thick smoke trying to locate them all,' he said.
'Unfortunately, one of them, which had sheltered in the bathroom above the kitchen, was overcome by smoke and died.
'We took them outside and fitted them with baby oxygen masks.
'A few of them were unconscious or a little woozy but they soon came around.'
A multi-plug adapter which overheated was believed to have caused the blaze, which badly damaged the house in High Wycombe.
Firefighters use baby oxygen masks to revive six cats overcome by smoke in house blaze | Mail Online