Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden buys a puppy

Default Joe Biden buys a puppy

Article HERE

Oh,how cute is that! I am glad they are having him well trained first.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Cute puppy...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Aww.. cute little pup.

they are BOTH cute!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Unfortunately Mr. Biden bought the puppy from a dog pimp - uh, I mean breeder. He missed a chance to endear himself with the millions of Americans who would never support an industry that encourages puppy mills. More importantly, he missed a chance to save an animal's life by adopting from a shelter or rescue group.

Quote Originally Posted by spayneuterlady View Post
    Unfortunately Mr. Biden bought the puppy from a dog pimp - uh, I mean breeder. He missed a chance to endear himself with the millions of Americans who would never support an industry that encourages puppy mills. More importantly, he missed a chance to save an animal's life by adopting from a shelter or rescue group.
    That is just flatly unfair. Even the ASPCA recommends good dog breeders. They spend their whole lives improving their breed. A good breeder is right there for you, years after you get one of their loves. My poodle is 5 years old and I can and do call them everytime I have a concern. I am a nervous doggy person. They know more & share more than I ever could find out-they raised my dogs parents,Grands,etc. I cannot bear the thought of getting a dog from a shelter,only to have it die for some disease no one expected. I support Operation Kindness (a no kill rescue) heart,soul & money. But please do not slam good dog breeders. They are far,far removed from a puppy mill. I do admire those who adopt from shelters,but my sister's darling puppy had to be put down after she had him only weeks & was totally in love with her. My heart can't take it-she still grieves years later,and I grieve with her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i heart McJag
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

McJag, I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. Losing an animal friend can be just as devastating as losing a human friend.

But it could have happened to any dog. In fact, certain purebreds are more prone to disease and illness than mixed breeds. To say you wouldn't adopt a shelter dog because it might die - you may as well say you wouldn't acquire any dog, because it could die, too.

I cross paths (and "swords") with a lot of breeders in running my non profit spay/neuter organization. And I have yet to meet one that puts the love of animals above the love of money.

May I ask - does your poodle breeder breed her females more than twice in their lifetime? What happens to the females when they get too old to breed? What does the breeder do with the puppies she can't sell? The puppies who are returned because of defects or behavioral problems? The "oops" mixed breed litters that happen in the best of families? From my experience with breeders, the excess dogs are dumped at shelters for someone else to take care of.

If you can truthfully say your breeder takes care of/keeps tabs on every puppy she cranks out from cradle to grave, then she is a rare jewel. My experience with breeders has been otherwise.

I am sure that puppy will be in a loving home, congrats to the Bidens!

McJag, I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. Losing an animal friend can be just as devastating as losing a human friend.

But it could have happened to any dog. In fact, certain purebreds are more prone to disease and illness than mixed breeds. To say you wouldn't adopt a shelter dog because it might die - you may as well say you wouldn't acquire any dog, because it could die, too.

I cross paths (and "swords") with a lot of breeders in running my non profit spay/neuter organization. And I have yet to meet one that puts the love of animals above the love of money.

May I ask - does your poodle breeder breed her females more than twice in their lifetime? What happens to the females when they get too old to breed? What does the breeder do with the puppies she can't sell? The puppies who are returned because of defects or behavioral problems? The "oops" mixed breed litters that happen in the best of families? From my experience with breeders, the excess dogs are dumped at shelters for someone else to take care of.

If you can truthfully say your breeder takes care of/keeps tabs on every puppy she cranks out from cradle to grave, then she is a rare jewel. My experience with breeders has been otherwise.
    They have lots of poodles! Mine was one of the "oops" babies! He has some white hair sprinked in with his otherwise flawless black coat. Too bad-he would have made a hell of a showdog! I had to sign a paper saying that if for ANY reason I could not keep this dog,she & her husband wanted him back. He cost the moon-I think that weeds out some not-so-serious people. She sells only her woopsies, they show dogs,too. She wants to hear every detail-nothing bores her about him. If she hasn't heard from me,she calls. She has had one dog returned,accused of nipping. She thinks they misunderstood,he was just playing-anyway she took him back. She is serious-as is her hubby-about this breed. They check for everything. They are not in it for the money-not many get sold & I was lucky to find him. My Vet put us in touch,though she lives in a different county. Those people track everything. I don't know where you are-there was one state/county on the Oprah show that had a lot of bad breeders. There are some part-time,make money breeders I know. They are puppy mill idiots. Just remember,they are not alone. You do have to be careful,but there are some great breeders that spend a lifetime on just one breed with barely enough to cover costs. Bogey was 5 months old when we got him. He is healthy,witty and bright with a fabulous coat. He was well socialized and trained. He comes to me and bows his head on my knees when he wants to be patted. He is the love of my life. Oh-she had him neutered before I got him. He chews up only my lavender & lacey undies,so he might be gay.

^ I bought my dog from a BREEDER too! (GASP!!!!)

He was from an "oops" litter and was well taken care of. He's a happy and healthy dog, he's never been sick, never had any issues, listens, he's a good dog. The rest of his litter was well taken care of too, just like the purebreds. They were well loved and as soon as I brought him home I could tell he was use to being around his littermates, mommy and people.

There are breeders and then there are puppy mills. Only a peta fanatic lumps them all together.

I went to shelters and I couldn't find a young, healthy dog. Most of them were old, were full of health problems, etc. I needed a young dog to train and one that didn't have bad experiences since I planned to have children in a few years. I needed one with a "blank slate." And I didn't want to take in a sick dog, knowing that I didn't have tons of money to go to the vet constantly and didn't have the resources in general for a sick dog.

I guess that makes me a bad fucking person.

McJag - you just made my day (night?) I enjoy hearing stories about responsible breeders - they are so rare. Even though your breeder wasn't quite responsible enough to prevent accidents.... I guess I shouldn't ask for the moon.

I live in Texas, but I don't think bad breeders are specific to any one location - the Amish are particularly cruel and heartless breeders.

One of the Humane Society of the United States' campaigns in 2009, as well as the Texas Humane Legislation Network is to cast light on and encourage legislation against puppy mills. Hopefully in the not too distant future this atrocity can be stopped.

McJag - you just made my day (night?) I enjoy hearing stories about responsible breeders - they are so rare. Even though your breeder wasn't quite responsible enough to prevent accidents.... I guess I shouldn't ask for the moon.

I live in Texas, but I don't think bad breeders are specific to any one location - the Amish are particularly cruel and heartless breeders.

One of the Humane Society of the United States' campaigns in 2009, as well as the Texas Humane Legislation Network is to cast light on and encourage legislation against puppy mills. Hopefully in the not too distant future this atrocity can be stopped.
    Amish country! That is what I was trying to think of! I am in Texas too-do you know of Operation Kindness?

I thought Joe might catch heck for not getting a shelter dog so I did some googling.

The dogs look well cared for and according to THIS he had the kennel checked out but from the blogs I read it seems the issue is that it's a commercial kennel and a lot of this persons dogs end up in shelters because she won't take them back.

THIS and THIS explain it better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information