Thread: California man pleads guilty to killing child's kitten

Thumbs down California man pleads guilty to killing child's kitten

(Incredibly disturbing, do not read if easily upset)

Man pleads guilty to killing child's kitten
    A Redwood City man faces up to 16 months in prison for killing a kitten named Pucci that belonged to a 4-year-old girl.
    Jesus Calderon-Franco, 33, will be sentenced next month after pleading guilty Wednesday to felony animal abuse, said Deputy District Attorney Sean Dabel.
    The sad tale began on Nov. 30 when Calderon-Franco, who had been drinking, became angry when he noticed crayon marks on the bathroom door of his apartment, apparently drawn by his roommate's 4-year-old daughter. The girl and her father were out at the store.
    The roommate's brother was visiting and told police that in his anger, Calderon-Franco snatched Pucci by the neck and squeezed. He then threw the kitten off the second-floor balcony, Dabel said.
    The two men went outside to look, "and the defendant says he's going to 'finish the cat off,' " Dabel said.
    "The witness saw him stomp the kitten to death," he said.
    At first, Calderon-Franco told the roommate and his daughter that the kitten had run away. But blood on the ground led to the discovery of Pucci's body in a trash can, and the police and Peninsula County Humane Society were called.
    "This type of conduct is completely reprehensible," Dabel said. "This case is one of the worst we've seen for some time in San Mateo County."
    Sentencing is set for Jan. 28, 2009. Under a plea bargain, Calderon-Franco will escape a harsher sentence of up to three years.
    Neverthless, Dabel said, police take animal abuse cases especially seriously in part because those who are willing to abuse animals "time and time again have shown a track record of committing violence against family members or others.
    "You've got to get right on it because it can be the tip of the iceberg."

wow, i hope daddy took his kid and moved the hell out of there.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I would be all for keeping stories like this in the "news" section, and keeping them out of the Pets and Animals section. Just seems like this should be a fun, cute overload area, with cruelty stuff confined to the depressing news stuff.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Asshole. Someone should ring his neck,throw him off of a 2 story balcony and then stomp his worthless drunk ass to death. Sick bastard.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I guess I'm grateful that people take animal abuse more seriously for any reason, but I'm irritated at the law using the 'animal abuse is a precurser to human abuse so we must take it seriously'. I think animal abuse is heinous in its own right regardless of its relationship to human violence.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

fry the bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I guess I'm grateful that people take animal abuse more seriously for any reason, but I'm irritated at the law using the 'animal abuse is a precurser to human abuse so we must take it seriously'. I think animal abuse is heinous in its own right regardless of its relationship to human violence.
    Frequently you write what I'm thinking and this is no exception.

I hope the judge lights his ass up as much as he can at sentencing.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

Agreed 100%

I couldn't read the story because I don't think I could handle it now at work. Animal cruelty is unbearable.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^Thank you both. I think that relating animal abuse to human abuse is one way of pacifying all the losers who whine about how a harsh sentence isn't fair because 'it's just an animal and worse things happen to people every day'. Whatever it takes to get them punished I'm willing to go along with it. Appeal to the narcissism of people to get them to care about something else if that's what we must do.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information