Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cat left me again!

Default My cat left me again!

I think she's officially divorcing me this time. (She escaped about a month ago and I found her locked in a neighbor's garage.)

Now, Thursday nite, she literally jumped out of her soft carrier and ran off somewhere. We had a long train ride to the Vet in Roma, got her paperwork for travel back to the US NEXT WEEK and poof...she's gone. She doesn't have any claws, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

I have only myself to blame because I created a monster. I let her go out on the terrace and have freedom in warm Italy and now I think she wants to be free.
    I'm sure she will hate being locked inside a house in cold New Jersey, but I will never forgive myself if I can't find her.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Hit By Ban Bus!

well that sucks i really hope you find her

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aww, I'm so sorry and I can so relate. I once had a Yellow Lab who escaped quite often to go on adventures, and I mean that literally. We once got a call from a woman 20 miles from where we lived to come and get him. If we didn't watch him, he would turn up at my daughters' elementary school 3 miles away. Coming out of a store and seeing him in the parking lot was common. He finally disappeared for good in 2001 and we still grieve for that crazy dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i can relate also i moved to perth and intrusted my mother to take care of my cat for a few weeks while i got settled and then send him up 2 me..
    but he got so distressed apparently by her cats bullying him (he was still a kitten) and he ran away... i've since moved back home recently and i swear he live's 2 blocks down from me now...

just recently about a month ago i saw him..he dosent remeber me anymore but i know it's him..him he even has the same lil cut in his ear and weird almost heart shape print on his chest...

he wont even let me pat him now its devasting cause i really loved him...long story but it was a precious 3 months i had with him.. im 90 percent sure its him... and when i was told he ran away i was convinced he must have died or something... but im comforted to know he is probbaly alive and at a good home..that dosent mean i dont want to steal him and take him back...

but it was meant 2 be i guess i havea beautiful baby pupy a cross between a chihuaha and pomeranian he is 4 months and my pride and joy...and he does so many tricks he is so smart!!
    hmm i didnt mean to ramble i guess my moral of the story was it will alway's hurt..but if he is a nice enough cat someone will love him and maybe he will live it up in italy and be ok...but i do hope u find him

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I have a chihuahua/pomeranian mix! She is scary smart as well.

I also comfort myself that George, my Lab, is with a family who loves him-if they could manage to keep him home.

Aww, i'm sorry to hear.
    I hope you can maybe find her before you return to the US.

Good luck.

Sam, do you have a calico by chance? Calico's are notoriously obstinant and will do what they want when they want and will go wherever they want when they want. I know because I have one. the vet told me unless I put her on kitty valium, there was not much I could do.

I'm so sorry your kitty has done a runner. I sure hope she comes back in time to go to the U.S., because Italy is not a country known for its love of animals. I used to live there, so I know. If anyone wants to flame me, google "stray dogs in Pompeii" before you do.

I apologize if you've mentioned this before, but your cat is spayed, right? Intact animals are a lot harder to keep at home.

Please keep us posted on your cat's whereabouts - I know I couldn't sleep if one of my animals was missing.

So many owners (not you, Samantha) have the attitude of - "well, my dog/cat is probably OK. Someone must be feeding it." I run a non-profit spay/neuter foundation and from my experience, I can tell you such horror stories of abandoned and forgotten pets.

I'm sorry if I step on anyone's toes, but once you accept responsibility for an animal, it's yours for life. Not just to let run off and then get another one.......

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Sam, do you have a calico by chance? Calico's are notoriously obstinant and will do what they want when they want and will go wherever they want when they want. I know because I have one. the vet told me unless I put her on kitty valium, there was not much I could do.
    LouisW,
    Thanks for the good wishes. Yes, she is a calico! Early last month she ran off for 9 days, and I found her locked in a neighbor's garage...with another cat. She definately has a free spirit attitude....and I'm afraid I've encouraged it a little too much. She's out exploring, that's for sure.

It's cold and rainy now, so soon she should hear my voice calling her from the streets and realize Momma's come to rescue her again.

Quote Originally Posted by spayneuterlady View Post
    I'm so sorry your kitty has done a runner. I sure hope she comes back in time to go to the U.S., because Italy is not a country known for its love of animals. I used to live there, so I know. If anyone wants to flame me, google "stray dogs in Pompeii" before you do.

I apologize if you've mentioned this before, but your cat is spayed, right? Intact animals are a lot harder to keep at home.

Please keep us posted on your cat's whereabouts - I know I couldn't sleep if one of my animals was missing.

So many owners (not you, Samantha) have the attitude of - "well, my dog/cat is probably OK. Someone must be feeding it." I run a non-profit spay/neuter foundation and from my experience, I can tell you such horror stories of abandoned and forgotten pets.

I'm sorry if I step on anyone's toes, but once you accept responsibility for an animal, it's yours for life. Not just to let run off and then get another one.......
    She is spayed; however she doesn't have any claws...so she shouldn't be outside at all. But that doesn't seem to bother her and she is very ferocius (sp?) with stray cats who come into our house/garden.

There are SO many street cats here, where I live, outside of Roma. But there is always someone feeding groups of them, myself included. My biggest problem with Italy is that they don't spay or neuter the pets...so these colonies keep reproducing.

Having said that, I'm sure she's found some food or a place to hide out in the rain. Yesterday when I was searching for her, I attracted 17 cats to me. Just feral cats and outdoor cats. So she has to be around somewhere.

I keep picturing her showing up when I turn my head and meowing like, "What's wrong Momma?" "Is it cream cheese time yet?"

Sam, I feel your pain. I have a calico, who's also fixed and declawed, who INSISTS on being outside, even in the winter. She would rip holes (using her teeth) in the window screens to get outside. I tried to keep her inside as much as possible, but my attempts were useless. I would freak if she was out too long. The vet said calico's were very independent and she's not going to do anything I want her to do. So I can either learn to deal, or put her on kitty valium. So we are in the same boat with our kitties.

So, I say just relax, she'll make it back home, just like mine does.

FYI, I was in Rome the fall of 2001. LOVED it! Although, I did notice the large number of animals, I am assuming strays, that just wander around. Very weird going to the Coliseum and running into a bunch of cats!

Thanks Louise, esp. considering what you're going through with your dog. You're sweet, along with everyone else to support me.

No sign yet of my girl, but if taking off and roaming is a particular Calico cat thing, then she's probably enjoying her freedom a lot more than I thought. 3 more days to find her.

Can't find her. Have to leave Italy in a few hours. Please keep good thoughts that she finds someone to take care of her. Thanks.

OOOOO-I am so sorry!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Wah. I have been following this saga. So sorry to hear this!
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Poor baby. I hope she is safe somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information