Thread: Panda in China zoo bites student who wanted a hug

Default Panda in China zoo bites student who wanted a hug

Panda in China zoo bites student who wanted a hug - Yahoo! News

BEIJING A college student in southern China was bitten by a panda after he broke into the bear's enclosure hoping to get a hug, state media and a park employee said Saturday.
    The student was visiting Qixing Park with classmates on Friday when he jumped the 6.5-foot (2-meter) -high fence around the panda's habitat, said the park employee, who refused to give his name.
    The park in Guilin, a popular tourist town in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, houses a small zoo and a panda exhibit. It was virtually deserted when the student scaled the fence surrounding the panda, named Yang Yang, the employee said.
    He said the student was bitten in the arms and legs. Two foreign visitors who saw the attack ran to get help from workers at a nearby refreshment stand, who notified park officials, the employee said.
    The student was pale as he was taken away by medics but appeared clear-headed, he said.
    "Yang Yang was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him. I didn't expect he would attack," the 20-year-old student, surnamed Liu, said in a local hospital, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.
    Liu underwent surgery Friday evening and was out of danger, but will remain in the hospital for several days, Xinhua said.
    Yang Yang, who was flown to Guilin last year from Sichuan province, was behaving normally on Saturday and did not seem to suffer any negative psychological effects, the park employee said.
    He said it was not clear whether the facility would add more signs around the enclosure or put more fences up.
    "We cannot make it like a prison. We already have signs up warning people not to climb in," he said. "There are no fences along roads but people know not to cross if there are cars. This is basic knowledge."
    Pandas, which generally have a public image as cute, gentle creatures, are nonetheless wild animals that can be violent when provoked or startled.
    Last year, a panda at the Beijing Zoo attacked a teenager, ripping chunks out of his legs, when he jumped a barrier while the bear was being fed.
    The same panda was in the news in 2006 when he bit a drunk tourist who broke into his enclosure and tried to hug him while he was asleep.The tourist retaliated by biting the bear in the back.

What an idiot

Yay!

Team panda!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Some people are really stooopid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    What an idiot
    Exactly.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I bet he sues and wins.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

hugging a panda. brilliant!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's a BEAR, moron.

This should be a South Park episode.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

What the fuck? This panda was attacked yet another time by a guy who just wanted to hug it? What is it, like cuteness overload, people lose all common sense when they see its face? I know its not funny, but that guy must have been off his rocker to bite the panda back after he bit him. The mental picture is pretty damn funny. What morons.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Default Panda Bites Moron Who Wanted A Cuddly Hug

My Way News - Panda in China zoo bites student who wanted a hug

BEIJING (AP) - A college student in southern China was bitten by a panda after he broke into the bear's enclosure hoping to get a hug, state media and a park employee said Saturday.
    The student was visiting Qixing Park with classmates on Friday when he jumped the 6.5-foot (2-meter) -high fence around the panda's habitat, said the park employee, who refused to give his name.
    The park in Guilin, a popular tourist town in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, houses a small zoo and a panda exhibit. It was virtually deserted when the student scaled the fence surrounding the panda, named Yang Yang, the employee said.
    He said the student was bitten in the arms and legs. Two foreign visitors who saw the attack ran to get help from workers at a nearby refreshment stand, who notified park officials, the employee said.
    The student was pale as he was taken away by medics but appeared clear-headed, he said.
    "Yang Yang was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him. I didn't expect he would attack," the 20-year-old student, surnamed Liu, said in a local hospital, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.
    Liu underwent surgery Friday evening and was out of danger, but will remain in the hospital for several days, Xinhua said.
    Yang Yang, who was flown to Guilin last year from Sichuan province, was behaving normally on Saturday and did not seem to suffer any negative psychological effects, the park employee said.
    He said it was not clear whether the facility would add more signs around the enclosure or put more fences up.
    "We cannot make it like a prison. We already have signs up warning people not to climb in," he said. "There are no fences along roads but people know not to cross if there are cars. This is basic knowledge."
    Pandas, which generally have a public image as cute, gentle creatures, are nonetheless wild animals that can be violent when provoked or startled.
    Last year, a panda at the Beijing Zoo attacked a teenager, ripping chunks out of his legs, when he jumped a barrier while the bear was being fed. The same panda was in the news in 2006 when he bit a drunk tourist who broke into his enclosure and tried to hug him while he was asleep.The tourist retaliated by biting the bear in the back.

I know what your all thinking...KUNG FOO PANDA, BITCHES!
    I child-proofed my house but they keep getting back in!

People are so stupid. I don't care how cute it is, it's a wild animal by nature. It's not your pet!

He is 20 and thought a Panda would just be all cute and accept a hug from him? Douche.

"Yang Yang was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him. I didn't expect he would attack,"
    This idiot should ask himself what would he do if some stranger tried to cuddle with him.

Poor Pandas.

In America there'd be a lawsuit and that panda would be put down so good for China for not allowing that!

Thread Information