Thread: Talking parrot saves toddler's life

Default Talking parrot saves toddler's life

Willie the parrot is no bird brain. He's being credited with helping save the life of a 2-year-old girl who was choking Friday at her Denver-area home while her babysitter was in the bathroom, according to CBS4Denver.com.
    "While I was in the bathroom, Willie (the parrot) started screaming like I'd never heard him scream before and he started flapping his wings," said Meagan, the sitter who owns the bird. "Then he started saying 'mama baby' over and over and over again until I came out and looked at Hannah and Hannah's face was turning blue because she was choking on her pop tart."
    Meagan quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver on the child, which dislodged the food.
    "If (Willie) wouldn't have warned me, I probably wouldn't have come out of the bathroom in time because she was already turning blue, her lips were blue and everything," Meagan said.

Talking Parrot Saves Toddler's Life

Parrots are sharp cookies!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I saw this on the news, what a sweet story.

I'm generally not a fan of birds in the house. One of my best friends had a parrot who was annoying as all hell. He was always calling the dog and making it freak out and run in circles and it was always imitating the phone ringing. He was so good you actually couldn't tell the difference between him and the actual phone, the little shit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information