Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama puppy to follow in pawprints of presidential pets

Default Barack Obama puppy to follow in pawprints of presidential pets

The new First Pet will be an as yet unnamed puppy, according to the Illinois senator's victory speech in which he thanked his family for their support and told daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, seven: "I love you more than you can imagine, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House."
    The girls, who will be the youngest residents of the White House since Amy Carter moved in aged nine in 1977, beamed at the news.
    There was no word on the type of dog the Obama family will chose although Michelle Obama indicated in a television interview during the campaign they would like to adopt a rescue dog. Mr Obama had promised his children a dog whether or not he won the election.
    The new First Puppy will follow in the footsteps of a long line of presidential pets dating back to George Washington, who had several dogs.
    And he or she will replace the most recent canine incumbents, the Bush family's Scottish terriers, Barney and Miss Beazley.
    Bill Clinton had a chocolate labrador, Buddy, and Socks the cat, who was, according to the Presidential Pet Museum in Virginia, the first feline to live in the White House since Amy Carter's cat, Misty Malarky Ying Yang.
    George HW Bush had Millie, a springer spaniel and the only First Pet to write a book, and Ranger, one of her puppies.
    Ronald Reagan had a dog called Lucky and Rex, a King Charles cavalier spaniel, while Richard Nixon had a dog called Checkers as vice president and when in the White House, a poodle called Vicky, a terrier Pasha, and King Timahoe, an Irish setter.
    According to the Presidential Pet Museum's website, while John F Kennedy was in office, the White House pets included cats, dogs, a canary, rabbit and Caroline Kennedy's pony Macaroni.
    Over the years sheep, horses, pigs and cows have grazed on the presidential lawns.
    The Virginia pet museum also lists more unusual animals including the wallaby, pigmy hippo and bear owned by Calvin and Grace Coolidge, the herd of elephants James Buchanan received from the King of Siam and an alligator John Quincy Adams was given by the Marquis de Layfayette.

Barack Obama puppy to follow in pawprints of presidential pets - Telegraph

I'm calling Barack and insist he get 3 little Shelties for his girls. They are the smartest, most loyal and regal breed he could ever have!!

SHELTIES FOR OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they get a rescue dog.

it would be smart if they got a rescue dog, i certainly hope they do that.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought it was so cute when he mentioned getting the dog during his speech.

Getting a rescue dog would certainly be a good choice.

I have a few suggestions, and yes they should rescue a dog. There are a few breed specific rescues out there.

1. Yorkshire Terrier
    2. Shih tzu
    3. Boston Terrier
    4. English Bulldog
    5. Boxer

I do recommend that you get a female, and name her Diva!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Standard poodle. Smart,witty,playful and protective. Won't shed on expensive carpets.
    Last edited by McJag; November 7th, 2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: missing o.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I tend to prefer large dogs. I hope they get a husky or something similar and that it is a rescue dog. I would also like a cute beagle or basset hound.
    Last edited by southernbelle; November 7th, 2008 at 12:43 AM.

Sniff, no cats???

I believe one of the girls is allergic, so they have to be careful about that...
    So, poodle, maybe?

I hope the Obamas will indeed get a rescue dog. And since the new first daughters are obviously animal lovers, I have the perfect platform for them. They can become spokesgirls for animal rescue. It would be ideal - non-controversial, suitable for children, and not take too much time or traveling. The only flak they might get would be from dog-pimps, uh, I mean breeders - who should go out and get a real job, anyway.....

I didn't know that ^ I was gonna say Labrador, but I am biased

If they got a rescue if might encourage others to do the same

I say a Great Pyrenees, but I'm hopelessly biased. They are perfect for kids though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by spayneuterlady View Post
    I hope the Obamas will indeed get a rescue dog. And since the new first daughters are obviously animal lovers, I have the perfect platform for them. They can become spokesgirls for animal rescue. It would be ideal - non-controversial, suitable for children, and not take too much time or traveling. The only flak they might get would be from dog-pimps, uh, I mean breeders - who should go out and get a real job, anyway.....
    Great idea!!

they have to get a hypoallergenic dog. there a lot of them. they list Shih-Tzu as one. they are adorable! perfect girly dogs.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information