Thread: "Ugly" dog Hubble searches for new life after being abandoned

Unhappy "Ugly" dog Hubble searches for new life after being abandoned

His name is Hubble. And you don't need a telescope to see that he is not exactly a handsome hound.

The eight-year-old terrier-type cross has part of his nose and mouth missing as a result of an injury he suffered in his youth.
    A fortnight ago the dog was rescued by big hearted animal rescue workers after he was discovered tied up in a wood after his owners abandoned him because of his ugly looks.

Abandoned: Hubble was dumped in the woods by his previous owners

And now they are looking to find the unsightly pooch a new, more loving owner – preferably someone who prefers personality to looks.
    Amanda Sands, the manager of the Dogs Trust centre in Leeds, said the black terrier-type cross looked even worse when he was first brought in.
    He had several rotting canine teeth and infected gums, which were removed and treated with antibiotics.
    She said: ‘Hubble is one of the strangest looking dogs I’ve ever seen but he makes up for it in personality. Even though he looks quite odd it kind of gives him a cute factor.
    ‘He’s very loyal and just loves human company so he would make a brilliant best friend for that special person who can see past what he looks like.
    ‘It’s a shame but ordinarily we would expect him to stay here for quite some time.
    ‘People do tend to come and pick the cuter dogs. The others - our “sticky dogs” - can be here for months.
    ‘Hubble is definitely a bit unusual but he’s a very sweet dog. It would be a shame if someone missed out on him because of what he looks like.

'He’s a great little dog. ‘Hubble’s injury to his mouth appears to be an old one. He is not in any pain and is entirely healthy.

Give a dog a home: Rescue centre worker Anna Warrington with Hubble

‘He would be best suited to a home with only adults or older children and no other pets, so he can be the centre of attention.
    Ms Sands said: ‘It’s sad but sometimes people do abandon pets who don’t look “normal”. It can be for a number of reasons and unfortunately that is one of them.
    ‘I don’t think that Hubble is aware of his unusual looks. He’s confidence has grown every day since he arrived and we love him to bits.
    ‘It will sad to see him go but we’re always overjoyed when one of our dogs goes to a good home.’
    The Dogs Trust has recently been hit hard by the credit crunch, with more people wanting to get rid of their pets and less people prepared to take them on.
    Ms Sands added: ‘We have about 100 dogs in at the moment, but if we had the room that would be hundreds.
    ‘We have a waiting list full of people who tell us they want us to take in their dog.’ Anyone brave enough to adopt Hubble or find out more about the Dogs Trust can call 0113 281 4920.

Britain's ugliest dog Hubble searches for new life after being abandoned | Mail Online

Sleepy night night land

Oh, please. People disgust me. He needs some medical care and love and he'll be good as new. I would add him to my menagerie

I tend to think that when articles like this are published, people come out of the woodwork to adopt such hard-luck animals. Hopefully, that will be the case for Hubble. I'd take him if I could. How could you not want to love this defenseless animal who has been through so much?

Although, not many want to adopt an 8-year old dog.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Awwwww I hope he gets a new family soon. This little tyke needs loving soooo much.

Out There

^^ I agree with Manx - any animal that receives individualized attention in an article, especially one that tugs on the heart strings more than most, will most likely get snapped up. Hubble will probably find a great home.

I wish all homeless animals could be so lucky.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Why tie him up to a tree? At least let him run and have a chance.
    F'ing people!
    Some good hearted person will adopt him I'm sure, and he'll have the life he should have had all along.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

in a van down by the river

people are so stupid. while i know he'll get a good home, advertising also brings out the assholes as well.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Little sweetie. I really hope he finds a loving home.

What bastards his previous owners are.

here, soon to be over there

Want. Want Want Want.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Las Vegas

What a little sweetie. I hope he gets a good home. If only I didn't live in an apartment...
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

I've fallen and I can't get up!

I wish that I could take him. I am sure he's chock full of personality and I don't see homeliness when I look at him.

Waiting for my next great ****

Someone will scoop him up. I just can't understand people who abandon animals. They may be inconvenient at times, but they're your best friend...unconditionally.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Thread Information