Thread: Caught on CatCam: What moggies get up to is no longer a mystery

Default Caught on CatCam: What moggies get up to is no longer a mystery

Curiosity may kill the cat but now their inquisitive owners can find out exactly what their pets are getting up to - by hanging a tiny digital camera from their necks.

That’s what a group of British cat lovers have done and the pictures they posted on the internet have sparked a new craze all round the world.

The initial inspiration came from physiotherapist Jessica Bavinton, 32, from Islington, North London, who had always wondered where her Burmese cat Sarty disappeared to during the day.

Scroll down for more

Carded: The CatCam looks like a work pass and is attached to the cat's collar

Catsnapper: This cat models the CatCam but doesn't look too happy about it

You've been framed: The CatCam

She bought the £40 camera - called a CatCam - online, set the timer to take pictures every 30 seconds and hung it from seven-year-old Sarty’s collar.

The results so intrigued her friends that they joined in and the phenomenon has spread as far as Australia and America.

The pictures provide a fascinating cat’s-eye view of the world, although the subject matter can be as mundane as grass, the inside of a hedge or the space under cars, or as exciting as a snake slithering through undergrowth.

Scroll down for more

Slithery circumstances: This cat happened upon a snake while on its daily travels

Barred entry: A territorial moggy keeps a glaring guard at its flat door

Hairy situation: This cat is keeping a close eye on its owner's legs

Many of the photographs feature other cats looking warily at the camera, and a few even involve the pets’ owners in various states of undress.

Jessica and her friends have mounted their first exhibition of the pick of the snaps in a local cafe and have produced a £7.50 calendar to raise money for the charity Pets as Therapy.

More...

She said: ‘I always wondered why on earth Sarty came back smelling of different things - cigarettes, someone else’s perfume or a log fire. Then a friend told me he’d seen the CatCam on the internet, so I bought one and put it on my cat.

Scroll down for more

Grassed up: One puss went for a wander into a field and found a herd of cows

You lookin' at me: Somebody is not too impressed by the approach of another cat

Unimpressed: This kitty has come across another cat hidden in the undergrowth

Bum deal: Cats get interesting views of various parts of their owners' anatomy
    ‘She came back with all sorts of funny pictures, including the plastic pigeons my neighbour has. She spends hours looking at and stalking them and she obviously thinks they are real.

‘She was also going down to the building site over the road and coming back with views from inside, giving us progress reports on how the rooms were coming on.

‘One of my favourite pictures of those sent to us is of a woman eating pasta on her lap. The cat is obviously looking up at her hopefully.’
    Strangely, people rarely feature in the cats’ snaps, suggesting we are not as important to them as we think.
    ‘Instead, there are lots of pictures of duvets and radiators - and skies,’ said Jessica. ‘Cats spend quite a lot of time looking at skies.’

Scroll down for more

Meal for two: A patient cat waits for its owner to gift it with a piece of their dinner

Being shadowed: On a lovely sunny day, this cat catches sight of its own shadow

It's all a blur: The daily routine of many a cat is set to be revealed by the CatCam

Morning mew: Cats may come upon their owners in all kinds of sartorial choices

Caught on CatCam: What moggies get up to is no longer a mystery | Mail Online

heh, what a cute idea. I think if we put that camera on our cat (not that she would let us) all we would get photos of is the sofa and the food bowl!! Althought it'd be interesting to see how far she actually goes in our street..I do wonder sometimes!

The two pussycats at the top of the thread are seriously handsome little men. Great idea...... make sure Kitty's neutered....don't want peeping peeps!

Oh I would love to do that to my cat. He keeps busy for hours outside.. I call it Toto's adventures. Sometimes I come home and he's on top of the garage or house..or calmly hanging out on the neighbors porch.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

i'm sure i'd find nothing on our Cat-cam. my cat is 10, lies around all day. unless this thing has night cam... then maybe we'd find something good.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

What a fab idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i'm sure i'd find nothing on our Cat-cam. my cat is 10, lies around all day. unless this thing has night cam... then maybe we'd find something good.
    Do you think this is what Kitty gets up to?
    YouTube - Tom and jerry - hic up pup

Thread Information