Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man hits dog with hammer to euthanize, doesn't work

Angry Man hits dog with hammer to euthanize, doesn't work

Ore. man and woman accused of burying dog alive

08:47 AM PDT on Monday, October 27, 2008

By NICK BRADSHAW / kgw.com

FOREST GROVE, Ore. - A man and woman from Forest Grove are facing possible animal abuse charges after police say the two tried to euthanize a dog by hitting it on the head with a hammer then burying it up to its neck in their back yard.
    Captain Aaron Ashbaugh with the Forest Grove Police Department said someone called 9-1-1 to report a dog buried alive at a house in Forest Grove around 4:00 p.m. Friday.
    When officers arrived they heard a dog yelping in the back yard of the home. No one was home at the time, according to police.
    Captain Ashbaugh said the officers entered the back yard and found a dog buried up to its neck with an obvious head injury.
    Officers dug the still-alive dog out of the ground and, with the help of Washington County Animal Control, the dog was taken to the Humane Society.
    Ashbaugh said the dog’s owners, 75-year-old Hyrum Long and 49-year-old Susan Johnson, told police that the dog had been sick so they tried to euthanize it by hitting it on the head with a hammer.
    That didn’t work so, according to Captain Ashbaugh, the owners said they buried the dog in a hole "in an apparent attempt to limit the amount of blood on their property."
    Police said the two put a pillow under the buried dog’s head and put a large log on top of it. A neigbhbor apparently removed that log before police arrived.
    The dog, a female named Molly, was taken to the Humane Society in Portland. Spokesperson Barbara Baugnon said the animal was in extreme pain and in terrible condition when it arrived.
    Baugnon said, “after X-rays and blood work they decided the only humane thing to do was to euthanize the dog.” She could not comment on whether or not the dog had been sick before coming in.
    The owners told KGW the dog was a beloved family pet that had been sick for weeks and they couldn't stand to see it continue to suffer. They said they did not have a gun or the money to put the dog down, so they decided to euthanize the animal by hitting it in the head with a hammer.
    Long said he thought the dog was dead after he hit it with the hammer.
    The two told KGW they were so distraught after the experience they left the dog in the ground and went out to dinner.
    A criminal case has been opened by the Forest Grove Police Department. Possible charges pending against persons involved included Aggravated Animal Abuse.

Ore. man and woman accused of burying dog alive | More Oregon News | NWCN.com | Northwest News and Weather

WTF?!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Sick Mother Fuckers!! I would enjoy every second of hammering them in their heads. Dirty, inbred trash!!

I have tears in my eyes as I write this. RIP poor baby. Why are people so cruel? The more I hear about people, the more I prefer my cats.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^And people have the NERVE to make fun of 'stupid' people like me who actually like animals more than people.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this part...
    A man and woman from Forest Grove are facing possible animal abuse charges after police say the two tried to euthanize a dog by hitting it on the head with a hammer then burying it up to its neck in their back yard.

Possible?!
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I have tears in my eyes as I write this. RIP poor baby. Why are people so cruel? The more I hear about people, the more I prefer my cats.
    I know, it's just so sad. I can't imagine the pain these poor animals go through. Poor babies can't tell anyone where it hurts, they just have to deal with it.

I hope the bastard and his young bride die a very slow and painful death.

All pets want is to be fed, sheltered and most of all loved. They ask for so little and give so much in return. I deal with a lot of people during the course of a day and I can't wait to get home and de-stress by spending time with my animals. I don't want to talk to anyone or answer the phone. I've had enough. When I walk in the door and see their sweet little faces as they run to greet me, my blood pressure drops and my mood lifts. Very few people have ever had that effect on me.

people are so stupid.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

....I've taken a few feral cats to the vet to be euthanized when they've been severely injured and the cost wasn't as much as two people having dinner out.....he's even offered to spay and give shots to the ones I can catch for discounted rates, so I can't believe that if this couple took their "beloved pet" to a vet and told him/her that they didn't have the funds to properly take care of him, I'm betting the vet would have stepped up......

Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ....I've taken a few feral cats to the vet to be euthanized when they've been severely injured and the cost wasn't as much as two people having dinner out.....he's even offered to spay and give shots to the ones I can catch for discounted rates, so I can't believe that if this couple took their "beloved pet" to a vet and told him/her that they didn't have the funds to properly take care of him, I'm betting the vet would have stepped up......
    Exactly! If these fuckers can afford to go out to dinner, they can afford to take their dog to the vet!

I hope they face criminal charges and it costs them big bucks in legal and court fees.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Watch that video, she said we went to eat cause I was SOO SAD.
    WTF?! So sad and upset but I'm HUNGRY!
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    I love this part...
    A man and woman from Forest Grove are facing possible animal abuse charges after police say the two tried to euthanize a dog by hitting it on the head with a hammer then burying it up to its neck in their back yard.

Possible?!
    That's just bad writing. It probably ought to have been "may be facing animal abuse charges" if they have not yet been charged. English is a dying language.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I know it's a fact of life that some people are just worthless pieces of shit, but it still boils my blood. Poor Molly. May you rest in peace, and may the disgusting assholes that killed you never have another moment of it.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    Watch that video, she said we went to eat cause I was SOO SAD.
    WTF?! So sad and upset but I'm HUNGRY!
    Yeah, nothing gets your appetite worked up like beating your dog with a hammer.

If anybody hurt my dog, I'd be too nauseous to eat. WTF is right.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information