Last week, my friend's roomate let me take his dog Sundae home with me for two days to see how the dog would do with my kid, and my pet cat. I was doing so because he wants to give Sundae away to the pound, because his apartment has a 500 dollar fee for pets that he doen't want to pay. Well, while I had her at my house, she was in our backyard, and she found a dead rat, who died from rat poison, and was chewing on it. I'm not sure if she ate any of it, cause I was grossed out, and my dad handled the situation. ( I didn't wanna look).
Anyways, I had her for the two days, and I could see that it wasn't going to work out, because my cat was scared of the dog because she was a large breed. I return Sundae back to the guy, I felt horrible knowing that he was going to give her away, but I really didn't have any choice. I go over my friend's house a few days later, and the dog wasn't around. So I asked his roomate if he gave the dog to the pound. He's like "no not yet. She's sick, and she's been acting all wierd ever since she came back. She doesn't want to eat, and she's been throwing up all the time." I was trying to figure out what could have happened while she was at my house, and the rat thing is all I came up with. I'm wondering if I should spend the money to have the dog be seen at the vet's office? I don't think he cares enough to take her in. On one hand, it's like she isn't my dog, why should I spend the money when she'll just go to the pound anyways, and on the other, I can't help but feel bad, and want to help out the poor doggie. I'd feel horrible if she died! Any advice??